The 'Spell Aid UK Edu’ app is made available as part of a wider subscription.
Spell Aid is the most Dyslexia friendly Dictionary, with Thesaurus, available.
It gives users the independence and confidence in discovering unknown words and their definitions.
Search for words by conventional means (including by speech) or by using our bespoke methods, which are ideal for people with spelling difficulties as well as those for whom English is a second language.
• More than 125,000 English and compound words, with clear and precise definitions
• Includes vast amounts of Latin and Scientific words
• Integrated Thesaurus, displaying Synonyms where available
• Example sentences
• Audible confirmation of selected words
• Spells out the word with adjustable speed, male or female voice
• Accompanying images, for a huge selection of words
• Copy words to clipboard for use in other applications
• Share words and their definitions with others.
• Split Screen on iPad allows Spell Aid to work side by side your other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Mail
Customise Spell Aid to your preferred settings, make it your own and enhance your reading experience.
• Unlimited font and background colours.
• More than 20 fonts to choose from, including Dyslexia friendly fonts.
• Variable font size
• Favourites, allows you to easily add words to a list of favourites and review previously selected words.
• Add to History, gives you the option of keeping a record of previously selected words
Why is Spell Aid so useful?
It has often been said “What use is a dictionary if I cannot spell?”.
Spell Aid is the first Dictionary app that really caters to the needs of a diverse set of users.
In addition to a conventional search facility (including by speech), Spell Aid also offers two bespoke methods of finding words, allowing users to look up words based upon the letters they believe to be in the word, with an option for regardless of the order of the letters.
Users who experience colour blindness can take advantage of the customisation features, selecting from a vast array of font styles, adjustment of font size, unlimited background and font colours. All this makes for a greater reading experience.
The Spell Aid app comes packed with features such as unlimited font & background colours, over 100,000 definitions (online & offline), compound words, over 20 font styles, as well as three (including our two bespoke) methods to enable you to search for words more easily and with confidence.
The 'Spell Aid Edu’ app is made available as part of a wider subscription.
If you have been told that you have access to the 'Spell Aid Edu' App, please enter the credentials that you have been supplied with to get up and running.
If you have not been supplied with the necessary details for the 'Spell Aid Edu’ app, please search for the 'Spell Aid’ app.
We would love to hear from you, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions at email@example.com
Bug fixes and iOS updates
Ratings and Reviews
Need to register for DSA in the UK
There is no mention of this when you purchase the app. We live in Australia and cannot log in because you need to register for DSA which is not in Australia.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ASPA MEDIA LTD
- 233.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 ASPA MEDIA LTD
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.