Simple yet powerful, Splice makes it easy to create fully customized, professional-looking videos on your iPhone, iPad. Imagine the performance of a desktop editor, optimized for your mobile device. Just tap to trim clips, adjust transitions, add slow motion effects and more to create beautiful videos you’ll love to share. It’s never been easier to edit like a pro on the go.
"The Best Video Editor for iPhone"
- Lifehacker, Dec 2015
Best Use of Mobile Camera
- 2016 Webby Award Winner
Gold Award Winner
- Best Mobile App Awards, Oct 2015
POWERFUL EDITING TOOLS MADE SIMPLE
+ Apply filters and adjust background colors, orientation and more.
+ Add title slides, text overlays and a custom outro.
+ Adjust playback speed for fast or slow motion.
+ Trim, cut and crop your photos and video clips.
+ Choose your transition style and control the speed between transitions.
+ Bring your photos to life with pan and zoom effects.
CUSTOMIZE THE PERFECT SOUNDTRACK
+ Choose from a huge variety of free music and sound effects, or use a song from your own iTunes collection (subject to iTunes terms).
+ Add narration or custom sound effects with the built-in voice recorder.
+ Trim and mix multiple audio tracks with precision.
EASILY SHARE + SAVE YOUR VIDEO
+ Share right to YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Mail, Messages and more.
+ Save videos to your camera roll.
Subscribe to take advantage of the features described above.
• Subscription length: weekly, monthly, yearly
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account as soon as you confirm your purchase.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal from your Account Settings after the purchase.
• Your subscription will renew automatically, unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• The cost of renewal will be charged to your account in the 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• When canceling a subscription, your subscription will stay active until the end of the period. Auto-renewal will be disabled, but the current subscription will not be refunded.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription.
Terms of service: https://bendingspoons.com/tos.html?app=409838725
Have a feature request you would like to see in a future version of the app? Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Hello lovely Splicers,
Summer is over, it sucks, right? We've introduced several bug fixes for iOS 14 and tried to make our app a tiny bit faster.
That sounds boring, I know. What does it mean for you actually? It means that now you can create your lovely "OMG Take me back" summer flashback videos while sipping your pumpkin spice latte a bit quicker. Awesome, right?
Take care, talk to you soon!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Close to paid software! Amazing for free!
This software is great for quick mobile editing of footage that surpasses iMovie’s jumpy interface. I love the feature where you can scrub through footage to find highlights, much like Adobe Premiere Pro. I also love the text options and how you can place text anyway on the screen, anyway! Lastly, my favourite feature of this free app is good quality music!! Very hard to get access to great audio tracks for free!!
My suggestions for improvements would be to add fade in/fade out options for video so that the video starts from and end with black. Adding an option to export to 4K would be nice since most phones can now capture in 4K. Scrubbing through the timeline is a bit tricky if you’re trying to make precise cuts, which it seems this app is not designed for. But having a line that runs over the timeline and adding a “split video” option at the timeline playhead would be an awesome addition.
Seriously though, I’ll be using this app for my on the fly edits! Thanks guys and gals!
You’ve got one problem
So the new update was totally cool but I absolutely hate how you have to keep your device portrait and that it won’t turn around to landscape so if the next update can Rotate around the screen that would be amazing! Also if you can wright down the makers of the songs in the app that would be great! Oh one more thing when you want to make something louder you can’t because it’s already on %100 and that is annoying too because I talk too softly and half the time I can’t even hear what I’m saying so for the makers can you pls make the sound half way or something like that so you can make it louder or softer. Thanks hope there’s something done about it!
Can’t upload music from ITunes 😡
The app is good in the sense where you can upload as many photos and videos as you like and put each in the order that you’d like however there were a few problems that I faced:
1. I had selected roughly 300 photos and was almost about finished (which took me so long to do in the first place) then I went out of the app to reply to a text message and when I came back to app it had crashed and I had to restart. (I didn’t close the app at all I just clicked into my messages for 2 seconds and came back). This infuriated me.
2. It says in the audio support that you can import music from your iTunes however you can’t. I have tried so many different songs that I have. I have tried to close the app and restart it. I have tried to restart my phone (which I have the latest iPhone so I’m sure that my phone shouldn’t be the problem). So I now cannot upload any music whatsoever. This reason is also because the music from the app is very old and boring and to be fair I couldn’t recognise a single song on there.
3. Exporting the video (saving it to your device) can be quite slow sometimes but still decent. I don’t mind it but if there was music in the video it’d make the wait worth while. 🙄
I would recommend the app to friends but only if you don’t mind a soundless video or if you want to use the crappy music they offer.
Overall is a decent app but should fix the music part. At least update your music to have a few popular songs.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we are sorry to know that you weren't satisfied with your experience on our app, and we apologize for the issue you experienced. We have listened to the feedback of you and other users, and have worked hard to improve the app, and we continue to do so. If you try the app now, you should have a much better experience. It is indeed possible to add music from your Apple Music library to your project on Splice if it has been purchased through iTunes. Please make sure that the track you want to use is downloaded to your device. We try to offer a varied selection of music that meets the needs and expectations of our users, and we have recently expanded the range, that we encourage you to check out. If you have any specific requests to titles you'd like to see in the app, please feel free to share them with us by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 😊 To improve your experience when saving and exporting your project, please make sure that you have sufficient storage available on your device, a stable internet connection, and the latest version of the app and iOS installed on your device. For any further doubts or feedback, don't hesitate to get in touch with us using the email address above.
- Bending Spoons Apps IVS
- 180.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Bending Spoons 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Movie editing and videos maker $4.49
- Splice $4.49
- Splice Trial $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.