------ The Official Starting Strength App * 4.8 Star Average Rating -------
The Starting Strength Method is the fastest, most efficient and straightforward way to increase total body strength for complete beginners.
Here's some reviews from our users
"What do you get when you combine the best method to get stronger with detailed instructional videos, thorough explanations AND an actual day to day program? THIS APP! Finally! Perfect for both beginners and experienced lifters and worth much more than the price I paid for. Thank you Starting Strength!
"I've tried 2-3 other apps. I've kept paper logs. Nothing has been easier to use than this app. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't enter my warm up sets...its because you don't need to! You enter your work set weight and it tells you exactly what to load on the warmup-ups..."
"Wonderful, straight-forward way to keep DOING THE PROGRAM. A simple and clear way to apply the SS principles and track your work.”
"Like others, I was on the fence about buying this app to help kickstart my starting strength program. This app deserves it's high average rating, and you should pull the trigger if you are reading this.”
"I tried a few free apps before buying this app, this one is well worth the money. Best app out there for barbell training"
Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" has sold over 500,000 copies worldwide and considered the most productive method in existence for anyone beginning a strength training program.
"The best book ever written on strength training" - Jim Wendler, champion powerlifter.
- Complete, easy-to-follow instructions for performing the basic barbell exercises: the squat, press, deadlift, bench press and power clean.
- Walks you through the famous Starting Strength Novice Program -- shows you how to start, what weight to add and when to add extra exercises.
- Designed for use at the gym with quick access to multiple angle videos and photo instructions of each exercise.
- Lift instructions and diagrams from the Starting Strength Book by Mark Rippetoe.
- Interactive logging tools journal your strength progression.
- Warmup and workset calculator shows you exactly how many plates to put on each side of the bar.
- Workset Rest Timer, customisable for each exercise.
- Customise your progression for each exercise.
- Add and save additional notes for each workout, and access previous notes easily.
- Never lose your training data again! Cloud Sync backs up your training log data and restores it across multiple devices.
- Download training log data as CSV (requires account)
- Helpful hints and tutorials help you learn and progress safely.
- How to program the basic exercises into the most effective program for long-term progress.
- Metric (kgs) or Imperials (lbs), and change at any time.
Have any comments, questions or suggestions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed a bug where you couldn't enter a date in training history for the year 2021
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Brilliant and great value!!
I’m a novice - intermediate trying to get stronger using barbell training and it’s working!!
This app guides you through the Starting Strength linear progression programme ... and does it perfectly.
The app is like having a coach guide you through each workout ... tells you what plates to put on the bar / times rest periods etc.
Not having to plan each workout makes it 100 times easier / more motivating to do each session.
Have been using this app for 2 years now. The Starting Strength programme is the best way to get stronger and more functional, and maintain that state. Get the book and read it. Then get this app and start lifting. It is your personal trainer, tracking your progress and setting your weights for each workout. All you need is a bar, a squat rack, a bench, and some weights. Get going. You’ll change your life.
Easy to use
Started weight training with this app and the book and have been happy with it so far. Before I start each session I just open the app and it even tells me how much weight per side for each set from warmups to work set. Set up was easy and it’s been awesome watching the weight go up and seeing my progress on the graphs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shabu Pty Ltd
- 228.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The Aasgaard Company
- In-App Purchases
- Single Form Check $38.99
- 3 x Form Checks $109.99
- 10 Form Checks $329.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.