With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
Fixed crash bug affecting login for some users
Ratings and Reviews
Well overdue for an update
While I find it for the most part to still be functional. Changes that Steam have made to their store front etc., and perhaps in combination with iOS updates, have over time caused some issues/bugs to creep in. The most recent bug that comes to mind, though certainly nothing major, is that titles such as “Welcome to Steam” are displayed as “Welcome+to+Steam”.
However one change that’s occurred (and not via an app update), that’s bugged me for quite some time, is that when you tap on a screenshot, on a games store front to enlarge it, it opens it into a small pop up box. There was a time when performing such an action would actually make the image completely fill the screen. Now the only way to get a good look at it, is to either:
a) tap on the “Download full-size version” text that shows on the pop up box, which opens it in your external browser. Though still not as good, and more time consuming.
b) Wait and view it on your PC.
When a notification for a confirmation pops up on your phone, clicking on it takes you to the confirmations page which NEVER loads. It’s absolutely infuriating. The only way to do it is it delete the notification, and navigate to the confirmations tab manually. Clicking on the notification guarantees it will never load.
Other than that the app is fine.
Seriously needs an update
Still a functioning app but seriously past the point of needing an update. Every update of iOS it seems to break something in this app making use more and more annoying. An update that uses the new chat ui would be great, but this app really needs a complete overhaul, you expect people to use this app but don’t bother updating it so their experience isn’t complete garbage, even doing the simplest things like messaging someone can be just so annoying and stupid. Not being able to open links, view videos, send pictures, etc. It’s really making this app fall behind, and it’s probably to the point where valve doesn’t care anymore. This is app is abandoned.
- Valve Corporation
- 43 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2019 Valve Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.