Steel Beams Bulk Checker is a fast & easy to use parametric beam checker. Forget the trial and error, no need to select specific beams properties or designations & test one by one for criteria. Here you only need to enter the problem parameters & type of section you need & the app will find all the sections that meet shear, bending & deflection criteria! The results can be sorted by weight, depth, inertia, moduli.
You can literally obtain an optimal design in less than a minute.
- Contains the latest AISC v14 Database.
- Supports both US Custom or Metric Unit systems.
- Searchable & Sortable Results page
- Works with any Yield value up to 65ksi / 450 MPa.
- Select whether or not the self-weight of each beam is to be considered.
- Define bracing @ Beam Ends, Half or Quarter of span, or fully braced.
- Solve for All, first 10 or 50 sections for a given type (in increasing weight order), saving calculation time for shape types with a large number of designations (W, HSS, 2L, etc)
- All your preferences are instantly saved, no need to re-enter a value that does not change between problems.
- Detail window reports max moment and shear, bending & allowed bending stress, shear & allowed shear stress, deflections and problem set-up summary.
- Solve for point load at mid-span or distributed load.
ASD9 based solver
The application checks for bending & shear stresses as the passing criteria. It also reports deflections, it's to the user, however, to decide whether the deflections are within acceptable limits.
Only singly or doubly symmetric shapes are considered, hence, single angles are not included in this release. Double angles (2L) sections are included BUT assumed to be under continuos contact.
Whether you are in the field or in the office, we are sure that you'll find this app very useful.
Should you find any errors or bugs, please contact us at www.TheMobileEngineer.com or email the developer at david@TheMobileEngineer.com and we will immediately get to fix it.
As always, GOOD engineering judgement & experience is needed when using these types of technical applications.
- Support for iOS 13
- Improve layout for both iphone and ipad
- full support for landscape orientations on ipad
- Code improvements
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.