The most realistic sky map to observe stars, planets and constellations!
Stellarium Mobile Sky Map is a fully-featured planetarium for your phone. It shows a realistic and accurate night sky map, just like what you see with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope.
The sensor control will help you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on iOS featuring:
• a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
• a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
• asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
• artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
• realistic Milky Way
• realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
• accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
• 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
• night mode (red)
• GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
- Fix a bug on some phones with magnetometers.
- Fix UI for notch on iPad Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used your app now for quite a while and I love it. I just recently did a iOS 11 update and had to update your app as well. Since then the virtual phone movement to see the Milky way through your phone seems to be not working? Is that an issue with the new apple phones or a bug in the app. Cheers
Okay for mobile
Would love comets and asteroids to be added
Does not work as expected
I used to have the old free version many years ago, which worked perfectly. This one is not free and does not work properly — the display does not move as the device points to various areas in the sky. iOS 12.3.1
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.