–– stickK: the poster child of Behavioral Economics (featured in over a dozen books) just turned 12 years old!
No matter what your goal is - meditate, learn a language, lose weight, quit smoking or drinking, watch less TV, exercise more often… stickK can motivate and help you achieve it! End procrastination once and for all. Hold yourself accountable. Turn your goals into habits.
Created by a Behavioral Economist and a Law Professor from Yale University, stickK is a goal-setting platform, habit tracker and online community of goal-setters. Our platform is designed to motivate and help you achieve your goals by leveraging the power of incentives, financial accountability and social accountability to your advantage.
–– HOW IT WORKS
Trick yourself into a virtuous cycle, turn your goal into a habit and stop procrastinating once and for all: create a Commitment Contract between *present* you and *future* you.
1. Set your goal - ANY goal (lose weight, self-care, meditation, finish thesis…) and a timeline to achieve it
2. Invite someone - a friend, coworker or family member - to hold you accountable & verify your progress
3. Put your money where your mouth is! Set a price on inaction - add Stakes to your commitment (optional)
4. Track your progress by reporting your successes or failures daily, weekly OR at the end of your Commitment Contract
–– INCENTIVES x ACCOUNTABILITY = KEY TO SUCCESS
– ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER
• Invite a Referee that can verify your progress reports. They’ll have the final word on your Report and will be an essential part of your journey.
• We’ll take their word over yours, so pick wisely!
– FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Add Stakes to your commitment and increase the chances of success
• If you’re unsuccessful, stickK will hold you accountable and send the amount at stake you pledged to:
• A friend
• Charity (from a list of 20+ 501(c)(3) organizations)
Or our most popular option:
• An Anti Charity (an organization or foundation you fervently oppose)
Get an extra kick of motivation and select an Anti-Charity. Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands ;)
– SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Upload pictures of your progress and share with friends & family
• Invite Supporters to become your personal cheerleaders and source of motivation
– PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Track your routine from start to finish in your Commitment Journal: record your thoughts, comments & – see yourself grow!
• Submit daily, weekly or periodic Reports: whether it’s a daily chore, a new habit, or a long-term commitment, stickK’s platform can suit any goal
–– SUPPORT NETWORK - GET MOTIVATED! JOIN A COMMUNITY OF ½ A MILLION GOAL SETTERS
With a vibrant support network of over 600,000 users, stickK Communities provide an unrivaled level of motivation and inspiration for like-minded goal setters.
See what others like you are committing to, motivate them with your creative Commitments and share your progress! Our Communities include:
• Diet & Healthy Eating
• Education & Knowledge
• Exercise & Fitness
• Family & Relationships
• Green Initiatives
• Money & Finance
• Weight Loss
• Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
• Health & Lifestyle
So whether you’re the everyday slacker trying to get some clarity in life with routine meditations, a life-long smoker who is looking to quit once and for all, or the casual runner looking to step-it-up and run a marathon— stickK is the most motivating habit tracker out there that challenges you to stick(K) to your word, regardless of the goal!
Now with DAILY REPORTING. Plan, track and report on your goals daily.
–– As seen on The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, The Economist, NPR, LA Times … and lots more!
–– HAVING TROUBLE?
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com
- A major bug fix for an issue that was incorrectly marking users as unsuccessful in specific scenarios
- Updates made to the registration form to accommodate Buddhist calendar year format
- Major updates were made to make this version of the fastest version of stickK ever
- Users can now request to be a supporter even if the commitment already had one
- Minor styling improvements around the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good idea, but the app is so slow
I always dread using it since I know it’ll be me staring at different loading screens for the next few minutes. Also the flow of the app doesn’t always make sense.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take user feedback seriously and are always looking to improve our services.
Our Development Team has fixed the issue you brought up and optimized the loading times of our Android and iOS app.
Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts on how we can improve the stickK experience and the overall flow by contacting us at support@stickK.com - we'd love to hear your thoughts!
Sincerely, The stickK Team
Still waiting for my stake money to be returned
The email given of my friend who would receive the stake funds was never given a link to claim the funds. Requested the funds and never received them. The company has no right to keep this money from its users! Never believed such a scam would get past the app review board!
Developer Response ,
Hi Ozzie - we're sorry to hear about the confusion with your lost stakes! Please know that stakes are sent out to the designated recipient once the Commitment Contract has fully ended. If you can send an email to "support@stickK.com" with your contract information, we'd be more than happy to ensure that your money makes it to your recipient.
It was seriously about time..
I'm surprised this has not been up any sooner.
Thank you for creating this app.
- stickK.com, LLC
- 131.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 stickK.com, LLC - All rights reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.