The Stocktake Plus app puts a property’s pasture, stock and rainfall records at your fingertips. The app gives you the ability to make informed on-the-spot decisions about stocking rates and paddock management - decision that are critical to ensure longer-term condition and productivity of the grazing business.
Stocktake Plus assist you with the best management practices of monitoring grazing land condition, and undertaking short-term forage budgeting, for more proactive management of pasture and livestock.
* Assists in monitoring grazing land condition by logically guiding the user through the process
* Stores information and produces reports, including long-term carrying capacity calculations, based on user input
* Guides the user through a basic or detailed forage budget
* Stores rainfall records
* Stores stock numbers (converts to Adult Equivalents, displays current stock on Land Condition reports, and can import figures to demand section of forage budget)
* Directs users to their monitoring sites using GPS
* Helps the user identify their land type(s), using the land type mapping of Queensland.
* Backups all information securely on the internet, only accessible by the user.
The app is more than a digital log; it has many inbuilt support tools including:
* land type factsheets
* pasture growth tables
* ground cover photo standards
* accessible yield calculation sheets
* pasture photo standards
* dendrometer for measuring tree densities
Everything you need to do your monitoring in the paddock is now within your device – no more juggling with pasture photo standards, GPS, or camera to complete your assessment!
Stocktake Plus is a predominately a decision support tools for graziers and agri-advisors in northern Australia, but has partial functionality elsewhere. The app was designed to be visual, logical and prompted for ease of use, and importantly to work in remote areas without mobile phone reception.
More information about the Stocktake Plus app can be found at www.stocktakeplus.com.au
Stocktake Plus is the first production decision support app for FutureBeef and MLA, developed using funding from Meat & Livestock Australia and the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, Queensland.
* Maintenance: iOS 7/8 compatibility fixes
* Improved: Forage Budget calculations
* Improved: photo add/edit/remove functionality in Monitor > Land Condition
* Fixed: issues with incorrect Land Types
* Added: App log out functionality for users with multiple accounts
Ratings and Reviews
Good little app, as graziers we like the feed budgeting side. Particularly handy in a cell grazing operation. However I would suggest a few possible improvements. An adaption to a property map would be handy as well as icons to track stock in paddocks. Possible a more handy guide on dM/ha for better and more accurate calculations on fees budgeting.
so close to perfect
so close to been perfect ......started to enter info - really simple well designed and set out but....... when it displays stock records and list paddocks and last date info head number it is in Adult Equivalents - great and you do need for records ......but what do you want to see when you look at your paddocks???? ... head number!!!!! not what is equivatent too. I want to know easliy what i have in each paddock at a glance. thanks for the app but wont continue using it
- Meat & Livestock Australia Limited
- 26.6 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Queensland | Meat & Livestock Australia
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.