- uses the location of your smart device to provide push alerts to let you know when your public transport stop is approaching;
- can be used in addition to other announcements which may already be provided by your public transport operator;
- will let you know if your location signal has dropped out;
- has been developed to assist vision and hearing impaired customers; and
- is endorsed by the Australasian Railway Association.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Mernda line extension updates
Ratings and Reviews
Well... I almost missed my stop
Looked like a great app. As a VI beginner traveller, this was meant to be a great backup for when the announcements don’t work... except it’s so inconsistent that I can never rely on it fully. Was trying to use this to help me out the other day and frankly, if it hadn’t been for the fact that I’d PTVed and knew the stops beforehand, I would’ve missed my stop. Push notifs didn’t work. Finding the nearest station stopped working half way through. Thank you for the stress.
I have a vision impairment and amount of times I don't have announcements on trains is frustrating. This app gives me independence which I would have not had otherwise. I would like to see this app being used on other forms of transport such as trams and busses. Now there is a phone signal in the loop, I would like to use it in the loop too. Very useful especially when I'm listening to music on transport.
The reviewer below does have a point. I was expecting a journey planner but this app is nothing but. Well at least there is an app for melbourne transport out, this just needs to be reworked to suit the needs of commuters. We need to be having information such as: ie timetable, how long a train will be, train delay information, bus routes etc.
- Metro Trains Melbourne Pty Ltd
- 1.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014 Metro Trains Melbourne Pty. Ltd. (ACN 136 429 948)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.