Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
• Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
* Some features require in-app purchases. All features are already included in the Pro version.
** Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
Thanks for using Stop Motion Studio. We have fixed some issues when connecting an external camera.
We welcome your feedback at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I really like using Stop Motion because it means I can really express my imagination in a way that everyone can see, and if you get good at it you can show people and they’ll say “wow that’s amazing!”, I just like hearing people’s feedback, but what I don’t really like is that you now have to pay to access all the features, but overall, it’s just so amazing what you can accomplish with such limited time or space! I have been animating for over five years now and I really love it.
Needs another cool update
It's all super duper cool and that but it really needs a cool update. You know when you press on a frame it comes up with all those options, well if you press on 'capture' it puts it in front of the frame that you want it. It is especially annoying if you try to put it at the end of your movie but it goes second last. So I think people need to make it so the 'capture' frame goes after the one you are on.
PS. Sorry, it was super hard to explain, otherwise this app it literally the B E S T app everrrrreerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!'nnn
This app is really great when you want to goof around or want to make something serious drawing and taking pictures trying to make a stop motion but when I went into the app to put them together I couldn’t because it was an in-app purchase which I find to be odd because it’s stop motion you should be able to import images, now I know for a fact the developers need to make money and having no ads really doesn’t make you any income but putting some you should already be able to use makes it a bit petty I’m sure you could do something else in the app that cost money, thank you
In-App PurchasesSee All
- CATEATER, LLC
- 146 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Cateater, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack $8.99
- Import Images $0.99
- Remote Camera $0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.