18 detailed walking and cycling maps around Sydney, covering some of the best walking terrain in the world. Developed with assistance from various councils around Sydney, the maps range from the pristine beaches on the coast to rugged and picturesque hikes through the world heritage Blue Mountains.
• View, zoom and pan around 18 detailed maps, plus overview map
• Track your location on your chosen map
• Tap to hide controls and view map full-screen
• Share clippings from maps with Facebook, Twitter, email, print and more
• Maps are stored in app: works anywhere, no network needed
Printing requires an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Each map included in this app has been adapted from the printed versions, which include further information about walking times, handy local descriptions and contact numbers as well as cycling information if appropriate.
Some of the maps are specifically designed for cycling. In these cases you will notice different map styles used to highlight the cycling routes and information.
Enjoy getting out and about in one of the world’s great cities.
• Walking and Cycling Maps Overview
• Parramatta River Walk
• Barrenjoey to Narrabeen Lakes
• Narrabeen Lakes to Manly lagoon
• Manly Lagoon to North Head and The Spit
• Harbour Bridge to South Head and Clovelly
• Clovelly to La Perouse
• Kurnell to Cronulla
• A Harbour Circle Walk
• Harbour Bridge to Manly via Spit
• Harbour to Spit Walks
• Walking in Willoughby
• Walking and Cycling in Liverpool and Fairfield
• Cycling and Walking in Randwick
• Cycle North Sydney
• City of Ryde Cycling
• Northern Sydney Cycling
• Sydney City Bike Map
• Cycling in the Blue Mountains
• new map "Walking and Cycling in Liverpool and Fairfield"
• takes about 40% less space on device than previous version
• user interface optimised for iOS 7
• bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great for walking Coast and Harbour Walk
I used this app to plan for and navigate while walking sections of the Coast and Harbour Walk. It was fantastic because it stayed focused on that purpose. It has all the necessary information to complete the walk or sections of it.
Decent Walks but out of date
The walks themselves are generally good.
The app including the maps hasn't been updated for years which isn't good. Maps on phones have improved dramatically over the years so there is plenty of scope for improving this app.
Still, it is free and if you haven't done some of these walks then the app my be of value to you.
Good but somewhat minimalistic
Great app to pinpoint different hiking spots around the Greater Sydney area. What is mostly lacking in the app is its functionality, Maps are just downsized PDF files and would be much easier for people to use if it had some interactivity. Also there is no sign anywhere of telling the user the timing for these walks. Overall it is generally a good app. 3 stars.
- Melway Publishing Pty Ltd
- 107.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Melway Publishing Pty Ltd (maps); 2011-14 Robert Stainsby (software)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.