With over 4000 animals to see and 20 Keeper Talks and Shows a day, you’ll need a helping hand to get the most out of your day at Taronga Zoo Sydney. Download the official Taronga Zoo App. It’s a must-have companion for your Zoo visit! Browse the interactive Map, see up-to-date info on Sky Safari, keeper talks, shows and animal encounters, discover kid’s Wild Squad Missions and much more!
- The Interactive Map will show you where you are in the Zoo and give you directions and estimated distance to all the animals, events and more!
- “What’s On” will give you the latest schedule for the Zoo’s Sky Safari, Shows, Talks and Encounters. Never miss a Show or Talk again by adding them to “My Day”. You’ll get a reminder when they are about to start.
- Learn more about the amazing Zoo animals via our proximity sensing iBeacons. Open the App and you’ll see more fascinating facts in front of over 20 animals at the Zoo.
- Take a walk on the wild side with the fun, quick and interactive Wild Squad Missions. They will get the kid’s learning more about conservation and the animals they’re seeing at the Zoo
notification issues fixed
items added into my day now is sorted by time and alphabet
Ratings and Reviews
The Taronga website lists closures and works (such as the Food Market undergoing renovation - which is kind of important when you have hungry monsters to feed). However this information is not available inside the app. I would have thought it would at least come up under “Daily updates”, but that screen is blank.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. The app has now been improved to ensure such updates can be made available within the ‘Daily Updates’ section.
Great info, and the map now works!
I've had this app for a while and love the info alerts. The most important part, the map, works amazingly and really helps you get around the zoo.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We are currently working on a number of app improvements that address some known map issues and improve battery performance. An update is expected shortly!
Not user friendly
Went to the zoo this Easter weekend. The map is terrible to use. Every time you wake your iPhone up to refer to the map, you have to wait ages for the app startup and images before you can get to the map. We ended up using the hard copy map they hand you at the front gate. The hard copy map is also better for kids to learn basic navigation.
- Specialist Apps Ltd
- 147.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Specialist Apps Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.