*** Brand new with additional income categories including investment property ***
*** The first app in Australia allowing you to lodge your tax return via your phone ***
*** Accountant review to maximise your refund ***
Lodge your 2018-2019 tax return via an iPhone in 10 minutes - exclusive to Apple and the first app of its kind in Australia. Reviewed by a registered accountant to ensure you get the best return possible.
Also take photos of your critical documents like receipts and invoices.
This is the easiest and fastest way to lodge your 2018-2019 Australian tax return - get it done anytime, anywhere on the go - all in under 10 minutes of your time. With questions in plain english, additional help within the app if you need and the ability to message an accountant for any questions you may have. No longer be bothered by the complexities of ATO tools.
Lodging your return with the ATO can be difficult with clunky software and difficult questions. Tax Return by Pocketbook makes getting your 2018-2019 tax return together easy. Start for Free, and pay a low fee starting at $59 only when you are ready to lodge.
Snap photos of your documents, tap to answer simple questions about your situation and get your taxes done in no time at all. Get started on the bus to work, while you’re waiting for a friend at the cafe or at your daughter's soccer game. Then finish up later whenever and wherever.
This simple and powerful tax app complements our budgeting app and tax calculator loved by over 700,000 Australians.
Tax Return by Pocketbook makes the process of preparing and lodging your tax return simple and fast. Put an end to the headache of traditional costs and processes.
This app is the most convenient way to get your taxes done right. Snap photos of your key documents, and answer simple questions about your life set out in easy to follow sections. Lodge directly via your mobile app and have your information professionally reviewed and processed by qualified Australian tax accountants.
Seamlessly and securely start, pause and continue whenever you like.
Why is the Tax Return by Pocketbook is the best tool for your 2018-2019 tax return preparation and lodging:
1. Professionally reviewed by qualified Australian tax accountants – All tax advice and final review and lodgement with the ATO is professionally performed by Refund Express Australia Pty Ltd, a registered tax agent authorised by the Australian Tax Practitioner’s Board.
2. Indicative tax refund calculation – indicative calculations fed back to you based on your individual situation immediately, so you can plan for your return.
3. Simplest workflow available for common tax Return – we cater for all common income and deduction types including wages and Government benefits, car, uniform and education expenses. All contained in the simplest questionnaire possible.
4. Stop and start anytime and anywhere – The best app based tax return available, so you can stop and start whenever you have any spare time, anywhere you like. All your answers are securely saved.
5. World-class privacy and security - You’ll be protected by the same high security and privacy standards we place on our flagship Pocketbook app. Your security is our top priority.
Includes the following key features:
- Professionally reviewed and lodged by qualified Australian tax accountants.
- Easy to use questionnaire with the ability to attach key documents via photos.
- Suitable for all common tax scenarios, excluding managed funds, sole trader, non-Australian residents.
- Your progress is securely stored so you can start and stop whenever and wherever.
- Free to start, pay for lodging or have the cost of your lodging automatically deducted from your return.
- Do your tax return for FY2015, FY2016, FY2017, FY2018 and the current 2019 financial year.
- Support added for 2018-2019 Australian tax return
- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Highly recommend app - SO EASY!!!
This app makes the whole process so much easier and less painful. It only took me 10-15 minutes to complete and if you have all your details ready to go (eg. TFN, PAYG payment summary/ group certificate, license etc.) everything will run smoothly.
Within 24hrs, an accountant messaged me through the app to ask a few more quick questions and then it was lodged at the ATO the following day. Received my tax return in just under 2 weeks. Absolutely stoked and will definitely be submitting future tax returns through this app.
Pretty straight forward steps to follow - Enjoy your tax return fellow taxpayers.
-$700 here, +$866 with HR&R Block
0 stars if I could. I wouldn't recommend this app to anyone what so ever. While it boasts being quick and easy, my tax return came out saying I owed the government $700. What a joke!
I wanted to contact the app creators to speak to them about this, but there's no customer support phone number, no email, no way to contact an actual person.
At least when you go to an accountant, if anything concerns you, they're there for you to contact. A company that has no customer support line, what are you hiding from? Upset customers not happy with paying a fee for a refund that's inaccurate?
I gave the exact same information I entered into the app to an accountant and I got a tax refund of $866. A $1500+ difference!!
They have today called me on a private number, which unfortunately I missed, to prompt me to accept for them to continue on with this refund. They left no contact number to return their call, only a voice message saying to process the tax return.
On top of that, many features of the app wouldn't load after I used it and weren't resolved by deleting and redownloading the app.
Don't waste your money on this scamming app like I did.
Lodged return on 21st of July, review date advised the 22nd - however this still hasn’t been actioned. Waited 4 days for a response which did not answer my questions and accountant mentioned they thought I’d submitted something incorrectly for FY19 - did not clarify what exactly and I’m unable to review the return. I’ve tried emailing, messaging the accountant and their social channels with absolutely no response. My tax has still not been lodged, nor my messages answered. Seeking a refund so that I can lodge my tax myself and will be contacting the ACCC should I not be provided with a contact or response within the next 24 hours. This service was supposed to be easier than lodging it myself, so far it’s proved much more difficult and stressful.
- Pocketbook Australia Pty Ltd
- 57.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Pocketbook Australia Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.