***** About.com Best Educational App Readers' Choice Awards 2013 - 2nd Place!
***** SmartAppsForKids.com 2012 Readers' Choice Top 10!
***** 2010 Best App Ever Awards - 2nd Place in Education!
TeachMe: Reception is known as TeachMe: Kindergarten in the U.S.
TeachMe: Reception is an educational iPhone/iPad/iPod touch app which teaches six different age appropriate subjects to Reception aged children: sight words, addition, subtraction, spelling and now writing letters and numbers. Parents can select which subjects they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
TeachMe: Reception keeps children engaged with a rather unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in fun sticker scenes or to purchase items for the new virtual aquarium. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
• Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
• 6 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, playground
• Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Save learning information for up to 40 students
• Select which subjects are displayed for each student
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
• Addition: up to a total of 10
• Subtraction: from 10 down
• Spelling: complete words by choosing the missing letter
• Letter Writing: how to write letters a-z, A-Z
• Number Writing: how to write numbers 0-9.
Email us at email@example.com for help & suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Be sure to try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade!
• Improve app launch time
• Various bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you are looking for an educational app for 4+, this is it. I've tried a few and this is definately the best. My four year old daughter loves it. The reward system is well structured with quick ones (stickers) and ones they save up for (fish tank items). I would suggest the capacity to have different letters of words to be chosen, not just the first letter. Great job!
Good app. American pronunciation
This is a great App covering the basics of letter recognition, phonetics, reading and spelling for Australian Preps. It offers you the flexibility to disable questions that are too difficult until your child is ready for them, so they have the opportunity to consolidate and don't get discouraged. My main wish is that they would offer it with an English or Australian 'teacher'. My child sometimes has difficulty understanding the teacher. It would also be good if the time spent in the stickers blues or aquarium was limited.
Originally purchased this for my special needs child, to help along with his learning process. Have since gone on to buy "teach me 1st grade" as well, since it helped him so much!
Now my younger children use this, even those too young for kindergaten!
The kids love it, it's their favourite game, they think it's just for fun!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.