You tag it. We’ll help locate it. Telstra Locator™ will help you find the things that matter most – from keys and bags to bikes, pets and even business assets like tools and vehicles.
To find out more please visit: telstra.com/locator
• Check the approximate last known location of your tags smartphones and tablets, all on the one map.
• Ring your tags when in Bluetooth® range.
• Set zones to help you find your Wi-Fi and Cat-M1 Tags, and compatible smartphones and tablets - and help prevent losing them in the first place.
• Get an alert when your lost Bluetooth Tag has been detected by the Telstra Locator Network.
Things you need to know:
• Location updates and notifications rely on the app running in the background.
• A Telstra Locator subscription allows you to locate up to 20 tags and compatible smartphones/tablets.
• Telstra Locator subscription required.
• A Cat-M1 Tag requires a Cat-M1 Tag Add On to work on your Locator subscription
• If your eligible mobile plan is cancelled, your Telstra Locator subscription is also cancelled.
• Data charges may apply.
• For use in Australia.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Telstra Corporation Limited is under license.
™ are trademarks and ® are registered trademarks of Telstra Corporation Limited, ABN 33 051 775 556.
• New Menu design.
• A spring bug clean.
• Cleaned up Location preference reminders.
• Cat-M1 tag out of the box detection issue.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not sure it’s really worth it
So far, the tag only appears to work to tell me the last time my dog/bag/keys were with me, not their current location.
I changed wifi (moved house, different provider) and the wifi tag wouldn’t pick up the change. Deleted the tag and now it won’t reconnect. Have just deleted the app and will start from scratch to see if that works.
The zone size is far too big for notifying that the dog has left the zone: my dog would be across several very busy streets before I would be notified that he was out/stolen.
For the cost, I think I would prefer a GPS (sim-card) locator, & will be investigating my options.
Developer Response ,
Hi D4D77, Thank you for your feedback. To reduce battery consumption, your Wi-Fi tag only reports its location over the Telstra Wi-Fi network when it is in lost mode e.g. outside of the home zone. Regarding your tag not reconnecting can you please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org? I would like to assist in getting the tag reconnected.We are making some changes over the next couple months to tighten the zone sizes. Stay tuned to our developments on our Telstra Locator Cat-M1 Tag "GPS (sim-card) locator"Thanks,
Great locator app but needs full support
Great locator app in general but missing some wanted features such as alert/notification if a tag is left behind from phone similar to tile tags and also iPad landscape support is a must.
Developer Response ,
Hi Squarephoenix, thank you for your feedback. We decided not to introduce ‘separation alerts’ as it tends to produce many false alerts depending on the BT tags signal strength. The experience was too inconsistent. We are always working to improve our user’s experience. Regards
Really impressed with this. I can keep tabs on my dog and items I take out of the house. We’ve put tags on our keys, school bags etc... and it’s great peace of mind knowing that if something is lost we can track it down. App works well and the location alerts for devices are handy so I know when my family have arrived home safely.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Telstra Corporation Ltd
- 180.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Telstra Corporation Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.