Tenuto is a collection of 24 highly-customizable exercises designed to enhance your musicality. From recognizing chords on a keyboard to identifying intervals by ear, it has an exercise for you. Tenuto also includes six musical calculators for accidentals, intervals, scales, chords, analysis symbols, and twelve-tone matrices.
A short description of the exercises and calculators follows. For a full list of all available customizations, visit the "Developer Website" link on this page or open http://tenuto.link/features/ in your web browser.
• Note Identification
• Key Signature Identification
• Interval Identification
• Scale Identification
• Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the written staff line. For example: if shown a C, E, and G with a sharp; tap the "Augmented Triad" button.
• Note Construction
• Key Signature Construction
• Interval Construction
• Scale Construction
• Chord Construction
Construct the specified label by moving notes and/or adding accidentals. For example: if shown a C and an "Augmented 4th" label, move the second note to F and add a sharp.
• Keyboard Reverse Identification
Tap the piano key corresponding to the written note on the staff. While similar to Note Identification, this exercise uses a piano keyboard rather than note name buttons.
• Keyboard Note Identification
• Keyboard Interval Identification
• Keyboard Scale Identification
• Keyboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the highlighted piano key(s). If the C and G keys are highlighted, tap the "P5" (Perfect 5th) button.
• Fretboard Note Identification
• Fretboard Interval Identification
• Fretboard Scale Identification
• Fretboard Chord Identification
Tap the button corresponding to the marked fretboard position(s). If the 2nd fret of the D string is marked, tap the "E" button.
• Keyboard Ear Training
• Note Ear Training
Listen to the played reference and question notes. Select the piano key or note button corresponding to the question note.
• Interval Ear Training
• Scale Ear Training
• Chord Ear Training
Tap the button corresponding to the played notes. If E and F are played, tap the "Minor 2nd" button.
• Accidental Calculator
Display the accidental for a note and key.
• Interval Calculator
Display the interval for a note, type, and key.
• Chord Calculator
Display the scale for a tonic and scale type.
• Chord Calculator
Display the chord for a note, type, and key.
• Analysis Calculator
Display the chord for a symbol and key.
• Matrix Calculator
Display the twelve-tone matrix for a specified tone row.
• Improves compatibility with new iPad Pro models.
• Fixes an issue in Fretboard Interval Identification where the "Distance Limit" customization would not always work.
• Changes scoring for certain Challenge Mode customizations. When a "Question Limit" is set and "Multiple Attempts" is turned off, any unanswered questions will be counted as incorrect when the challenge ends.
Ratings and Reviews
Really useful has helped me learn lots
I highly recommend this app if you easily want to learn music in your own
Fully Customisable and Great Experience!
This app helped me learn rapidly, it’s so intuitive and easy to use with full customisability. Best music app out there!
As a music student this app is fantastic for helping me with my studies. I use it anywhere on the go. Can’t fault it, it’s helped me learn so much.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.