Reap revenge in SEGA’s legendary side-scrolling beat ‘em up, now available on mobile for the very first time. You are Joe Musashi, a ninja out for revenge against the evil criminal organization ‘Neo Zeed’.
They've killed your master and captured your bride, so now you must travel the globe to dish out ninjutsu justice to the crime syndicate. Master ninjutsu techniques and collect mystical power-ups as you fight your way through this retro classic.
The Revenge of Shinobi joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Eight globe-trotting districts, each with its own unique boss battle
- Secret power-ups hidden throughout the game
- Collect shuriken to take out enemies from afar (psst... the old code still works!)
- Master ninjutsu techniques and devastate your foe
- Summon fire and thunder to take out entire waves of adversaries
- Four difficulty levels, from beginner to master ninja.
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "I just didn't want to stop playing." [94%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines #1 (October 1990)
- "Brill graphics, exceptional sound, and uncomplicated gameplay make for excellent ninja-fighting thrills 'n' spills." [93%] - Paul Rand, Computer & Video Games #99 (February 1990)
- "Distressingly involving and hair-wrenchingly addictive." [92%] - Julian Boardman, Raze #3 (January 1991)
- Spider-Man was once an officially licensed character in the game
- There have been many revisions of the game due to copyright issues
- Legendary composer Yuzo Koshiro also wrote the music for both Game Gear Shinobi titles
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in 1989 in Japan and North America, with the European release arriving in 1990
- Known as The Super Shinobi in Japan
- Released in arcades on SEGA's Mega-Tech platform
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, The Revenge of Shinobi, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
More adverts then gameplay
I find the controls a bit stiff and the gameplay boring. Enough said.
Good game! Can’t wait for shinobi 2 it was always my favourite saga game
Edit: please guys where is number 2 I have been waiting almost one year??
Why can’t you save????
Personally I like this game but it’s really annoying you can’t save☹️
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 123.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and THE REVENGE OF SHINOBI are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
Play this game with your favourite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.