Social Learning Made Easy!
The Social Express® is engaging, educational curriculum for children and young adults with social learning challenges. The curriculum is designed to teach users how to think about and manage social situations, helping them to develop meaningful social relationships and succeed in life.
How It Works
Video Modeling on Steroids!
Help Zack, Emma, Sam, and Katie solve social problems! Each fully-animated, interactive lesson targets one of many skills children and young adults need to learn in order to develop meaningful relationships and successfully navigate our social world.
Who Can it Help?
Our innovative curriculum targets core social deficit areas that stand in the way of school, social, and life success for children and young adults with social learning challenges.
How Will Children with Social Learning Challenges Benefit?
As a safe, controlled, and familiar learning environment, The Social Express provides an opportunity for users to become more socially competent and have successful social interactions.
The Social Express membership includes the following:
81 Animated Interactive Webisodes
Flexible Teaching Plans
Pre and Post-Assessments
Printable User Guide
Bonus Material – Enhance Social Skills Learning with our Original Songs and Worksheets
Potential benefits include the ability to:
● Identify feelings in others
● Understand the importance of “eye contact” (thinking with your eyes) in order to figure out what to say or do in social situations
● Read non-verbal social cues
● Identify appropriate coping strategies
● Learn how to start conversations
● Learn how to be part of a group
● Learn about the hidden rules in social situations
● Sequence situations and infer what will come next
● Figure out what to talk about with friends
● Monitor when others are using appropriate social behaviors
● Learn about using figurative language (idioms) in conversation
● Stay on topic when having conversations
● Watch social situations unfold and see how behavior can have negative or positive consequences
The Social Express is based on best practices and programs that feature cognitive behavioral techniques and visual strategies.
-Removed in-app purchase
-Fixed login section of app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It asks for a login, no option to create account.
This version does not open up like the first version. Requires a log in but no chance to register one. Maybe it was me? Not sure but I prefer the first version at this moment.
I downloaded this app, as I thought it would be a great resource. However, I was/am very disappointed with it. It asks for username and password, however, offers no place to register or make an account. This in itself makes the application defective, when you are unable to use it for what it is intended for. Please fix, extremely disappointing.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Language Express, Inc
- 115.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 The Language Express, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- The Social Express Subscription Plan $30.99
- The Social Express Subscription Plan $159.99
- Add Student Slot $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.