Social Learning Made Easy!
The Social Express® is engaging, educational curriculum for children and young adults with social learning challenges. The curriculum is designed to teach users how to think about and manage social situations, helping them to develop meaningful social relationships and succeed in life.
The Social Express II App has two membership options. Try it or Member Login. Try it allows you to access trial features of the app for free. However, there is an optional recurring membership subscription which costs money If you choose to purchase a membership. The cost of the subscription is:
Duration & Pricing (USD)
1 Month = $19.99
1 Year = $149.99
-Payment will be charged to a credit card you provide at check out
-Subscription automatically renews
-You may cancel any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How It Works
Video Modeling on Steroids!
Help Zack, Emma, Sam, and Katie solve social problems! Each fully-animated, interactive lesson targets one of many skills children and young adults need to learn in order to develop meaningful relationships and successfully navigate our social world.
Who Can it Help?
Our innovative curriculum targets core social deficit areas that stand in the way of school, social, and life success for children and young adults with social learning challenges.
How Will Children with Social Learning Challenges Benefit?
As a safe, controlled, and familiar learning environment, The Social Express provides an opportunity for users to become more socially competent and have successful social interactions.
The Social Express membership includes the following:
81 Animated Interactive Webisodes
Admin Account + Track Progress for 1 User
Grade Leveled Quizzes (Aligned w/C.C.S. ELA)
Flexible Teaching Plans
Pre and Post-Assessments
The Clubhouse – Our Private Social Network
Free iPad Compatible App
Printable User Guide
Bonus Material – Enhance Social Skills Learning with our Original Songs and Worksheets
Potential benefits include the ability to:
● Identify feelings in others
● Understand the importance of “eye contact” (thinking with your eyes) in order to figure out what to say or do in social situations
● Read non-verbal social cues
● Identify appropriate coping strategies
● Learn how to start conversations
● Learn how to be part of a group
● Learn about the hidden rules in social situations
● Sequence situations and infer what will come next
● Figure out what to talk about with friends
● Monitor when others are using appropriate social behaviors
● Learn about using figurative language (idioms) in conversation
● Stay on topic when having conversations
● Watch social situations unfold and see how behavior can have negative or positive consequences
Some of the core concepts presented are based on the work of Michelle Garcia Winner and her Social Thinking® curriculum. More information can be found on the Social Thinking® website. Users are encouraged to learn more about Michelle's work to gain the full benefit from the program.
The Social Express is based on best practices and programs that feature cognitive behavioral techniques and visual strategies.
- Update pricing in description.
Ratings and Reviews
This version does not open up like the first version. Requires a log in but no chance to register one. Maybe it was me? Not sure but I prefer the first version at this moment.
I downloaded this app, as I thought it would be a great resource. However, I was/am very disappointed with it. It asks for username and password, however, offers no place to register or make an account. This in itself makes the application defective, when you are unable to use it for what it is intended for. Please fix, extremely disappointing.
- The Language Express, Inc
- 114.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 The Language Express, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- The Social Express Subscription Plan $30.99
- The Social Express Subscription Plan $159.99
- Add Student Slot $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.