Essential TIDES tool for sailors, divers, canoeists, fishermen, surfers, swimmers, photographers and anyone involved with sport or leisure at the seaside. At the push of a button Tides Planner allows you to see tides for 8,000+ WORLDWIDE locations. NO CONNECTION REQUIRED as the app has its own database.
One tap to tides for your favourites. Advanced users can take advantage of extensive tools to calculate time windows for entering/leaving and clearing depths.
- Tidal graphs
- Week ahead tide table
- Minimum/maximum depths
- Chart depth/actual depth
- Standard port information
- Spinning globe for rapid location search
- Search by name
- Time of sunrise/sunset, dawn/twilight
- Moon phases, rise/set
- Date of spring/neap tides
- Notepad and copy/paste + email
- Favourites and recents
- Scrolling scales
- Coefficients (France)
- Currents (UK, Ireland, North Sea, Netherlands and parts of the German coast)
From version 3.0 enhanced predictions for Europe based on our own constituent analysis system. Other countries to follow.
Worldwide coverage. Some countries have time limits from the national Hydrographic Office.
The app gives access to all its features, but the free initial download is limited to tides for one day. To get future predictions use the Extensions within the app (In App purchase):
- Year on year: use the extensions within the app (In App purchases) to enable future predictions.
- In certain countries get a Hydrographic Licence to remove restrictions.
HYDROGRAPHIC OFFICE LICENCES
During a valid year:
- Italy, USA, Canada (main ports), Australia, New Zealand, Japan and other countries: ANY DAY in the year.
- Denmark, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Oman, Argentina: SEVEN DAYS at a time.
The following can be extended with a Hydrographic Office Licence to remove country restrictions:
- UK, Ireland, Germany and all UKHO ports: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Netherlands: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- Belgium: change from seven days to ANY DAY.
- France and SHOM ports: from one day to ANY DAY.
Each Hydrographic Office Licence is ONLY PURCHASED ONCE and applies to all Valid Years.
Imray: publishers of nautical charts, books and apps. Look out for other applications in the Marine Navigation Series from Imray.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/imray_charts
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese
Predictions are based on the harmonic method, using constants from the Hydro offices (UKHO, SHOM, NOAA, BOM, CHS etc). There are differences between the app predictions and the official Hydro office tide tables, as these are based on large numbers of constants that are not made publicly available. The Hydro offices consider the harmonic methods used in this product appropriate for navigation.
Always consult tidal curves and take into account local weather (pressure and wind) and swell conditions, which can have a very significant effect on sea water levels.
New June 2020 - Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Despite the Daylight saving issue I found this App very useful for the cruising sailor.
I've used another tide app for a year now but this one is better. It's simple and clear to use and does what it claims. I would like access to more than one day for A$1.19 as an option.
I would also prefer the 'yacht' cursor to be a red dot. This would be easier to read.
PS it would be great if the tide height updated every time I accessed it during the day rather than just reiterating the days original log in datum.
Ok but confusing
There's so much here and the many icons are "mystery meat" (don't know what's hiding underneath until you click on them).
Somehow I managed to get to England when my only chart was in Australia, and I changed the tide height magically and can't reset it.
Still, looks like there's a wealth of good features here for when I learn to use them.
- Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- 106.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Imray, Laurie, Norie & Wilson LTD
- In-App Purchases
- Tides 2012 $2.99
- Tides 2013 $2.99
- Tides 2014 $2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.