Toot! for Mastodon 17+
Social networking that is nice
- Offers In-App Purchases
Toot! is a client for the Mastodon social network. It is beautiful, and full of character and whimsy.
What makes Toot! special?
- It is delightful. It is full of beautiful design, animation, amusing details and hidden treasures.
- It is fast and robust. It caches data locally to let you read without waiting for slow loading, and it remembers your reading position.
- It lets you be as many people as you like. You can easily switch between accounts with a flick of your finger. It even lets you read timelines on instances you are not logged in to!
- It has wide support for most features in Mastodon.
- It has the cutest icon.
What makes Mastodon special?
- It is a social network by humans, rather than algorithms and corporate interests.
- It is a social network for humans, rather than advertisers and data collectors.
- It is a social network that is humane, rather than preying on your insecurities and worst instincts.
Why does Toot! cost money?
- Toot! shows you no ads, and it collects none of your information, nor does it track any of your habits. It does not try to trick you into doing anything you do not want.
- That means it gets no money through such shady tricks, and relies on you to support its development.
Follow @email@example.com for more updates and information!
Also, many icons by icons8.com.
* Fixed a problem with translation language selection.
* Fixed the display of hashtag names on the instance screen.
* Fixed loading instances when adding a new server.
* Fixed toot editing to be available on v3.5 servers.
* v21.0: You can now follow hashtags. Followed hashtags will show up in your home timeline.
* v21.0: If your server supports it, you can now translate posts with one tap! You can also adjust what language to translate into.
* v21.0: The feature to scroll back to your last position when tapping to scroll to top a second time is now optional, and off by default. If you liked it, turn it on in the settings!
* v21.0: The scroll back feature also works slightly better.
* v21.0: Fixed a crash during timeline position syncing.
* v21.0: Possible fix for a bug with scrolling to top.
Ratings and Reviews
Really nice, but lacks keyboard shortcuts for iPad
It’s a nice app and really well crafted, my first stop when it comes to Mastodon clients.
However, I use a multi-device keyboard between several computers and an iPad and I found none of the keyboard shortcuts to work! That makes a 4-star.
Happy to raise it to a 5-star uncontested review when some basic keyboard shortcuts are incorporated (e.g.: compose toot, send change tabs with maybe some CMD+1,2,3,…)
Best app for Mastodon
I’ve tried a range of Mastodon apps and this is the most reliable one. It also makes the best use of Mastodon’s features, e.g. the ability to set a focal point for images, which other developers overlook. The in-app animations seem a bit over the top at first, but they’re all fun and very well done. Overall, a well designed and thought-through app.
Updated Aug 2020: unquestionably the best Mastodon iOS app.
Brilliant. Has some limitations.
This is far and away my favourite Mastodon app. The cute animations, the ability to select text for translation, and the recent updates make it a stunner.
Note it isn’t for everyone. Read the description carefully as it lacks some things like font sizing, which I don’t mind but some people will.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dag Agren
- 30 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018-2022 Dag Ågren
- In-App Purchases
- Toot! for Men $2.99
- Toot! is too cheap $9.99