Tot is an elegant, simple way to collect & edit text across your Mac, iPhone, and iPad. It’s your tiny text companion!
⁕ Less Is More
Tot’s single window design and simple formatting controls mean no more hunting for that chunk of text. Seven color-coded dots let you organize your notes while keeping them from getting out of hand.
⁕ Dark / Light Mode
Designed to look stunning both day and night, Tot takes full advantage of iOS and macOS themes.
⁕ Small Footprint
Stays out of the way on the desktop with minimal chrome and can even be controlled via the Menu bar. On mobile, each dot is just a swipe away.
⁕ iCloud Sync
Seamlessly syncs your text across iOS and macOS using iCloud so you can capture thoughts wherever you are.
⁕ Markdown Support
Full support for rich or plain text and even automatically translates text to Markdown for handy use on the web. Have an RTF file you need marked up? No problem!
⁕ Killer Keyboard
Tot puts common text operations on the keyboard and keeps track of word and character counts as you type.
Tot takes accessibility seriously with affordances for color blindness and full support for VoiceOver.
Available for iOS and macOS.
• Added Share extension and widget
- On macOS, enable in System Preferences > Extensions
- On iOS, use ⋯ in Share sheet app icons to add Tot
- On iOS, use Edit at bottom of widget view to add Tot
• New Mobius icon. [Yay Ged!]
• Added a limit of 100,000 characters per dot. [Yay Garrett!]
• Help text is displayed using the font size setting of the current dot. [Yay zax!]
• Fixed styling for links dragged in from Chrome.
• URLs pasted into rich text are now linked automatically.
• Scrollbar is now tinted using dot theme [Yay Frank!]
• Fixed drawing issues with status bar.
• Improved VoiceOver labels for statistics and text mode toggle. [Yay Alex!]
• Improved VoiceOver for dot header, status bar, and settings. [Yay Robin!]
• Default font is now selected correctly in settings (both variable and fixed).
• Fixed a bug where tapping a link while editing didn’t select the entire URL.
• Fixed VoiceOver for switching edit modes. [Yay Alex!]
• Improvements when navigating header using VoiceOver. [Yay Alex!]
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a "dark horse" app. On the face of it, it appears objectionably expensive for such a simple concept. However the developers have actually identified and filled a real user-need with a solution that's as good as it is because of its simplicity. Well done. Five stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! Hope you enjoy using Tot.
Exactly what I needed
Apple Notes is too formal and too permanent for temp text.
Unsaved text files are clutter and easily lost.
Tot is perfect. A place to write or store text, just for a bit, that is permanent and sycned (perfectly) if desired and can't stay around too long as there are only 7.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.