Hiking, car-camping, or backpacking – no matter what kind of activity you prefer, every time when you’re planning next trip, the question is usually asked, “What am I going to eat?”
Trail Chef App will give you an easy and organized way to create a mouthwatering camping menu.
With over 60 trail-tested recipes and option to add your own customized food, you can prearrange your meals in categories, get their nutritional info and plan a daily menu according to your activities!
• All recipes are available offline. No Internet connection needed
• Conversion to metric or imperial units
• Custom designed icons and infographics
• Colourful pictures
• 60+ trail tested, easy-to-follow recipes
• Special recipe categories: lightweight, vegetarian, one-pot etc
• Mark recipes as favourite to quickly add them to a plan
• “Add your own food&recipes” feature
Menu Planning Tool:
• Meal planning by day, by physical activity level or daily caloric needs
• Daily menu summary – weight of food and calorie density
• Summary of the whole plan – total food weight, average number of calories, etc
• Menu plan and “on-the-trail” cooking instructions export
We redesigned app to make it shine, colourful and easy-to-navigate as possible
Each recipe has a fabulous picture now!
12 of our favourite recipes have been added to the Trail Chef recipe catalogue:
• Everybody-Can-Make Pizza
• Chapati – Backcountry Flatbread
• Fish Crumble
• Mushroom Polenta With Chorizo Chips
• Hot Cranberry Orange Drink
• Thai Style Beef Jerky
• Easy Trail Tiramisu
• Irish Soda Bread
• Bacon and Honey Oatmeal
• Oatmeal Pancakes
• 3 Mushroom Risotto
Each recipe includes detailed nutritional information on kcals, protein, carbs, fat, sugar and salt per serving;
Plus we’ve made a minor bug fixes and performance emprovements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great but could be even better
A summary of items for a packing list.
Ability to rearrange days
Ability to add/subtract days to a plan
I will use this app regularly!
Nice app for delicious trail meals
This app is tidy, simple to use and has a nice feature for plan your meal (max 10days). I love the recipes and how they are presented. The only cons is if you want more recipes you have to pay in-app purchase.
- Trail Recipes SIA
- 46 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014, Tatjana Krezevska
- In-App Purchases
- Dehydrated Backpacking Meals $1.49
- Lightweight Recipes $1.49
- Vegetarian Recipes $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.