Triage, the first and continuing point of contact for patients presenting to the Emergency Department, is a complex and challenging role undertaken by experienced emergency nurses on a daily basis. Triage | ATS Pro contains over 700 adult and paediatric triage scenarios based upon the Australasian Triage Scale. The triage scenarios have been developed by experts in the field to sharpen your decision-making skills. Triage | ATS Pro comes with 8 quizzes, all designed to test your limits:
1) **NEW** Practice: We’ve included 75 of our most challenging triage scenarios to practice on. No timers, no pressure, just practice.
2) General: everyone and their aunt and nephew are coming to see you!
3) 3 or 4?: you have only two choices, ATS 3 or 4, you decide.
4) It's NOT 3: The wrong answer is ATS 3, so, what other ATS category are you going to choose?
5) Paediatrics: Grab the bubbles, the kids are loose!
6) Adults only: the bigger they are, the bigger the problem.
7) **NEW** Adult Triage Sieve: You’re on scene at a major disaster, sieve your way through! Decision-making flow-chart included to help you.
8) **NEW** Adult Triage Sort: You’ve sieved, now sort! Decision-making table included to help you!
Test your skills, challenge your friends and come back for more!
Wayne Varndell, Emergency Clinical Nurse Consultant
Alister Hodge, Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Disclaimer: The process of transitioning into the Triage Nurse role requires face-to-face education, clinical supervision and assessment within the clinical setting. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the App, Triage | ATS Pro has been developed as an educational aid, not as a replacement for formal clinical supervision. All triage scenarios are fictitious, any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
- Bug fix: quiz engine updated
Ratings and Reviews
Good for old crusty nurses to review their scores and uncover any biases.
5/5 if the ATS 3 vs 4 section worked
Fantastic!!! Apart from the ATS 3 vs 4 section which has a glitch.
It's important this app is checked thoroughly for patient safety reasons before being released. It is a life or death situation and incorrect triage kills.
Fix this please!!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. This was resolved in the previous revision.
- Wayne Varndell
- 8.8 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © Clinician Development Australia
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.