Triptastic provides beautiful timetables, maps and real-time tracking for public transport in Australia, New Zealand and North America.
"The best public transport app just got better... Triptastic is the Tweetbot of the genre. Nothing is as fast, clever, or intuitive." - Reckoner.com.au
• Real-time due out information and live vehicle location tracking in Sydney, Melbourne, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Toronto, Portland, Brisbane, Adelaide and Christchurch*
• Transit coverage in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, regional Queensland), United States (San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, San Diego, Seattle, Miami, Tampa, Denver, Honolulu, Sacramento), Canada (Toronto) and New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch)
• Explore detailed, dynamic real-time maps of transit routes, stops and service frequencies
• No need to configure the app, tap on a stop to see where you can go and when the next service arrives
• Integrated search engine to find any suburb, route, stop or business
• Directions search integrated with iOS Maps
• Where available, detailed real-time vehicle information including air conditioning and accessibility information
• Service interruption information for Sydney Trains services and stations automatically shown as relevant
• No active Internet connection required to provide directions and timetable information - real-time updates are streamed on-demand as an Internet connection is available
• Share your journey over iMessage, email or social media - let your mates track your train live with a few taps
Making public transit work for you can be tricky. Make it easy, convenient and fun with Triptastic.
Need more info? Visit triptasticapp.com for more detail or tweet @triptasticapp if you've got questions.
* Real-time information is available for routes and areas where the relevant transit agency have fitted their fleet with real-time transponders and publish live data. Visit triptasticapp.com/coverage for a detailed list of real-time and scheduled transit data coverage. Real-time data in Melbourne is currently in beta.
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Fixed issues with real-time vehicle tracking and inconsistent trip planning
• Increased the number of vehicles visible on the map
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
UX issues limit it greatly
The life bus tracking is great. However there are several issues in usability I can no longer put up with. Eg showing 20 of the same trip in a list or constantly resizing the map view.
Triptastic is fantastic - provided you understand its limitations
Firstly, Triptastic is very good for what it does. It looks for nearby stops, services and destination based on your current location and provides information accordingly — kind of like a trip planner turned on its head. Very good for unplanned or unscheduled trips.
You can set favourite destinations in the app and it will identify services to those destinations provided they operate from a stop within the range of the app. It is very good at identifying services and destinations which you do not have in a scheduled trip planner app, ideal for those impromptu opportunities to go exploring or catch a service that you might not be familiar with. The fact that you can also download other cities’ data within the same app is ideal for travelling and as the number of cities increases, so does the value of the app.
I have found, importantly, that it is not a trip planner in the sense of setting a start and destination point for your trip and then coming up with a route using scheduled services. Use it in conjunction with a trip planner app, as I do, and you are good to go.
Good for locals who know the routes
I like the detailed bus routes and stops on a chosen route and finding buses from my location. However, one major downfall is that the app seems to miss a lot of buses and times and input needs to be VERY specific i.e. platform number needs to be known. Even then a lot of services seem to be omitted or routes can't be found when they are definitely available. I would tend to use this app for Canberra buses in conjunction with another bus planner to find platform etc so I can input the specifics but that was a waste of time so now I seem just to use the other basic app instead. This app would suit locals who constantly utilise buses but could be overwhelming for visitors or occasional users. Additionally, app keeps crashing on iPad but doesn't seem to crash on my ole iPhone 4.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.