Learn Japanese Kanji and Vocabulary using WaniKani's Spaced Repetition System.
This is a native iOS app.
* It's super-fast. All the mnemonics are pre-loaded on your device so there's no waiting.
* Do reviews and lessons offline. Your progress will be sync'd when you're online again.
* Graph showing your upcoming reviews.
* Graphs showing your progress on current level radicals, kanji and vocabulary.
* Options to ignore typos and add synonyms during reviews.
* Options to sort reviews by SRS level and Wanikani level.
* Add an Anki mode.
* Add user-editable notes.
* Make Offline audio smarter.
* Split the Settings screen up into different sections.
* Add the app's version number to the Settings screen.
* Add a setting to hide the "Stats" section.
* Include the number of new reviews in notifications, as well as the total number.
* Fix an API bug that prevented reviews from syncing for some users.
* Fix a keyboard display bug on iPads using iOS 15.
* Update the lesson and review counts immediately when loading the app.
* A full refresh (swipe down on the main screen) now completely clears local data before refreshing.
* Cycle through audio samples in order instead of playing them at random.
* Fix a few memory leaks.
* Make the "Upcoming reviews" table easier to understand.
* [1.24] Fix a bug where notifications and badge counts wouldn't be updated.
* [1.25] Fix an iPad-only crash when starting lessons or reviews.
* [1.25] Fix the header colours on iOS versions before 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant - best app for Wanikani
I’m so impressed by this app. It’s fast, smooth and responsive, with all the features I need and none I don’t.
The offline lesson/review functionality is a game changer for those like myself who study on the move. And it works seamlessly.
I really appreciate the effort that’s gone into minimizing keystrokes required to blast through a session, and details like the Wrap Up function, which allows you to finish reviews that you’ve started when quitting part-way through your list.
Best Wanikani experience available.
One of my cards 「イギリス人」is missing from my reviews and lessons. I didn't even realise it was a lesson until I logged into wanikani on my computer. It still isn’t in my reviews. But Anouilh. Other than that I love the app. The different fonts you can add is an amazing feature. Would like if you could edit cards through the app though.
Best wanikani app
This app has so many great things features that I wish Wanikani would adopt on their actual site. One problem though... I reset my level from 17 down to 15 recently but I’m still getting reviews for those higher levels. This is a big issue as it pretty much makes the whole point of resetting redundant, hence the 3 star rating.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Sansome
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020, David Sansome