Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use. Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun!
Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets. Easily search for the perfect GIF or meme when composing tweets. Use Muffles to hide tweets containing words, phrases, people and hashtags from the timeline that you don't want to see. Customize fonts, appearances, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with a minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support means GIFs and videos play right in the timeline.
Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is fully accessible. Extensive keyboard shortcuts make Twitterrific a breeze to use with an external keyboard.
• Browse Twitter free from the clutter of promoted tweets and second-guessing algorithms
• Chronological timelines that present ALL tweets in the order you expect
• Syncs your reading position automatically across iPhone & iPad using iCloud
• Add image descriptions to attached media to make your tweets more accessible
• Effortlessly delete and edit your tweets to quickly fix typos or mistakes
• Quickly search GIPHY for that perfect, hilarious GIF or funny meme
• Muffles - Hide unwanted words, phrases, hashtags, users & more
• Center Stage - Media-centric timeline that puts images front & center
• Theming - Customize themes, fonts, home screen icons, text sizes & more
• Automatically switch to Twitterrific's dark theme at night
• Universal app for iPhone & iPad with portrait & landscape support for both
• Intuitive gestures makes browsing and tweeting more fun than ever
• Best-in-class VoiceOver support for award-winning accessibility
• Multi-image support and autoplaying of GIF's & videos right in the timeline
• List management support
• 3D Touch support
• External keyboard support
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
An optional auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription is available which eliminates banner ads and subscription prompts. Payments will be charged to your App Store Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions are automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Accounts will be charged for subscription renewals within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
We packed a ton of great stuff into Twitterrific 6 including GIPHY integration, auto-playing videos and GIFs, displaying full sized media right in the timeline, new icons & themes, an improved attachment preview and so much more!
• Added support for the Microsoft Edge web browser
• Added image previews for apps.apple.com links
• Muffled tweets now respect the High Contrast Text setting
• VoiceOver now respects the Name Format setting when reading author names
• VoiceOver no longer reads emoji in quoted tweets when the Allow Emoji setting is disabled
• Decreased the frequency of purchase reminders
Twitterrific 6 is a new product. See here for more information: https://support.iconfactory.com/kb/twitterrific/twitterrific-6-purchase-policy
• Video and GIFs silently autoplay directly in your timelines & message threads!
- Videos with an audio track show a speaker icon to avoid any loud surprises
- Autoplaying of videos and GIFs can be disabled in Settings
• View full images right in your timeline!
- Tweets or direct messages with an image attachment will display the thumbnail at the photo's native aspect ratio
- Tweets with two or more images use adjusted aspect ratios and face-detection to avoid taking up as much space
• GIPHY Integration!
- Tap the GIF button when composing a tweet or direct message to find just the right snarky animation
- Refine your search with the built-in Reactions, Memes, or Swear Trek filters
• Support for Twitter's new quoted tweets with media:
- When quoting another tweet, you can attach photos, a video, or an animated GIF
- The timeline displays both the media you attached and your quoted tweet
• View media and add descriptions using the new attachment preview
- Tap the small thumbnail of attached media to get a better, bigger look
- Easily add accessibility descriptions to all images, videos & GIFs
- Swipe between multiple photos to quickly add descriptions to each one
• More customization goodies!
- Three new playful app icons: Crow, Dove, Neon
- Five new colorful themes: Dove, Akikiki , Puffin, Falcon, Parakeet
- 12 fun new "Olliemoji" stickers added to the bundled iMessage sticker pack
- A new font: San Francisco Compact Rounded ('SF Rounded')
- A new Presentation setting to show tweet author's full name, username or both
- A new High Contrast Text presentation option
- Two smaller line spacing steps for tighter text
• Help fund continued development of Twitterrific:
- No features are locked or restricted - try everything without paying anything
- Eliminate banner ads and subscription reminders by signing up for a monthly or yearly subscription
- Don't enjoy subscriptions? Purchase the one-time "Forever" option instead
- Twitterrific 5 customers get full benefits for up to 6 months from their last purchase date
• Full list here: https://twitterrific.com/ios/whats_new_6
Ratings and Reviews
Best iOS twitter app.
The developers do their level best to make this the best app it can be, despite the ever increasing restrictions placed on third-party apps by Twitter. This app leaves twitters native app in the dust with respect to features, accessibility, usability, and approachability of the developers. Easy to use, and beautiful looking to boot. You can’t go wrong.
Twitterific - the Valueless Purchase
I purchased this app some time ago to remove advertising. It’s been a great app and has a user friendly format that I happily paid for and enjoyed.
Imagine my surprise today to find banner ads in my paid app. Upon further investigation I found my paid app (v5.7) has been dumped with an update and replaced with Twitterrific v6, an app that looks the same, works the same, but is apparently completely different and must be purchased again. Now my paid app comes with banner advertising, and it also includes frequent payment reminders. Apparently my purchase had a use by date they forgot to mention.
Twitterific- If you’re going to create a brand new app and ask me to pay for it, at least have the decency to make it look different.
Ads despite previous purchase
Having previously paid for this app, I was surprised to find that, following the automatic update to version 6, I was reverted to ‘unpaid’ status - complete with ad banners and requests to re-purchase or pay a monthly subscription for the (same) app. This is a pretty cheeky move - and unfair to its longtime and loyal user base (having bought several other apps from this developer). I would have happily continued to use version 5, and perhaps would have looked at version 6 if compelling. However, I very much resent being forced into this position without any warning, and no ability to revert to an earlier version. Very disappointed with this move and will sadly be looking elsewhere.
- The Iconfactory
- 22.3 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © The Iconfactory
- In-App Purchases
- Annual $15.49
- Monthly $1.49
- Forever $46.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.