UniFi Network is an app used for configuring and managing your UniFi Network controllers and devices.
The app is perfect for when you need to access your controller remotely. Most features that the web controller provides are present in the app.
You can view the dashboard, devices, clients, statistics, insights, alerts, events and more; view detailed information about devices and clients. You can also configure or upgrade your devices, block clients etc. from almost anywhere in the world.
Please make sure your controller is on version 5. It is possible to connect with the app to controllers with older versions, but some features may not work properly.
How to - configure a new controller on a Cloud Key:
1. Make sure your Cloud Key is on and in factory default state (solid white LED).
2. Go to "Controllers".
3. Make sure your Cloud Key supports Bluetooth. If not, your iOS device and the Cloud Key must be on the same L2 network. If this is a problem (e.g. if you don't have a Wi-Fi network yet), and have a UAP, you can access the Cloud Key by scanning the UAP's QR code. Tap on the "Connect to AP" button in "Devices", then follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard.
4. Tap on the "Add Controller" button. The Cloud Key should automatically be discovered.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard.
How to – access your cloud controllers (from unifi.ubnt.com) using Cloud Access:
1. Make sure your device has access to the Internet.
2. Go to "Account" and tap on "Log in".
3. Enter your credentials and tap on "Log in".
4. Go to "Controllers".
5. Your cloud controllers should be automatically displayed in the list.
This is an alternative method for configuring UniFi APs. The app is designed for anyone who wants to control their UAPs right away without configuring a controller.
- APs need to be physically connected to a network that provides DHCP.
1. Make sure the UAP is on and in factory default state (solid white LED).
2. Go to "Devices".
2. Make sure your iOS device and the UAP are on the same L2 network. If this is a problem (e.g. if you don't have a Wi-Fi network yet), you can access the UAP by scanning its QR code. Tap on the "Connect to AP" button and follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard.
3. The UAP should automatically show up in the "Devices" list.
4. Tap on your device in the list, then on "Configure" in the top right, and configure your device.
If you encounter any problems, please check out our knowledge base at help.ubnt.com, or contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the in-app chat.
Thanks to Icons8 (www.icons8.com) for providing some of the icons in the app.
• Small fixes and additional stability improvements.
• Fixed an issue with retrieving credentials in setup wizard.
• Small stability improvements.
In this version: UI updates, new setup wizard, config screen updates, IPS traffic log.
• Added basic IPS threat traffic log. Additional IPS overviews will come in a later release.
• Added dynamic DNS overview and port forward stats to Insights.
• Added wireless uplinks to AP device configuration.
• Added descriptions for SFP ports.
• Added client sort by 802.1X identity.
• Added support for some new UniFi devices.
• Added new "Create Account" screen.
• Replaced blue color scheme with light scheme.
• Updated UI in device and client lists.
• Added and updated some items in settings (Cloud Access, ISP capabilities).
• Added full-text search to alerts and events.
• Remade switch port configuration screen.
• Remade Services device configuration screen.
• Remade client configuration form and add client form.
• Moved standalone devices to Account/Settings > Utilities.
• Updated setup wizard. Also, discovery now periodically runs in the background, and a pop-up will automatically be shown when a new unadopted Dream Machine or Cloud Key is found, with an option to set it up.
• Cloud service status toolbar (in Controllers) will be shown only if there are issues.
• Updated translations.
• Many small improvements and fixes.
We value your feedback! If you have an idea how to improve the app, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t log in to account
It seems this app just harvests usernames and passwords. The only option on the Account login page is to Create an account which I already have. I can’t see a login option to tap. Pity, because I am enjoying the Unifi ecosystem for WiFi but this is scaring me away from trying the cameras.
Ubiquiti have noted that this is a UI bug and following their advice I can now see the missing elements of the UI.
This is a great app. All the tools from the web UI are there but they seem easer to access on the iDevice. Having avoided the apparent complexity of the Unifi WiFi ecosystem I’m now a convert. This makes running a serious WiFi system remarkably straight forward.
I’m prepared to look at the cameras now :-)
Developer Response ,
It seems like you encountered a bug that’s actually been reported to and confirmed by Apple.
If you enable button shapes in Settings > General > Accessibility, and app uses a custom font (which we do), the buttons might become invisible. Can you check if that's enabled?
As a workaround, you can try either disabling that, or selecting the "Light" color scheme from app's homescreen > Account/Settings.
Well thought out App
It covers everything you could want on your Ubiquiti network-visibility. It totally leaves nothing else to be added. Appears to have no bugs, that I came across. Very detailed and easy to use and quick.
Not much more to say than, I wish all App designers would be so diligent about creating their own Apps
Everything you need
The UniFi app has all the functionality you would need in an app to view your setup and make basic changes. Being able to configure multiple connections for the one controller for internal/external access it a very nice feature.
- Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.
- 98.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.