Unsquared is a simple tool to create unique dynamic posts on Instagram!
With unsquared, you will be able to post panoramic/lanscape picture in full size on Instagram without having to resize them in a single square window.
Unsquare your picture in two simple steps:
- Take a picture from the app or choose one from your library,
- Set the number of pieces you want to split your picture into and adjust the cropping window accordingly.
Once you're done, the picture is divided and the pieces are saved to your library.
You can then go on Instagram and share all of them in a single post using the Slideshow feature.
Check out and get inspired by our creations on Instagram @unsqrd, all created exclusively with unsquared! #unsqrd #unsquared
New year, new design!
- Redesigned logo and app content.
- Picture quality improvements.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So I've downloaded a bunch of these pano splice apps and they all have problems. This one has a good simple interface and saves at a decent resolution, but:
- if you select a grid narrower than the width of your image it's not possible to move the crop selection horizontally to choose a crop of your liking; it's always centered. The solution would be to crop your image to your desired ratio (2:1, 3:1, etc.) in a different app before importing to unsqrd, but it would be nice not to.
- there's no way I can see to delete the ugly watermark in the corner. This is the reason I deleted the app from my phone.
- there's also no contact link in the app to discuss such issues with the developer.
If these issues are resolved I'd happily use this app to splice panorama photos.
The apps looks pretty slick but you're limited to choosing pictures from camera roll - can't access photo albums. This make the app useless to me. Also, when choosing the amount of squares you're effectively cutting off parts of the panorama, but you can't move the panorama around to get the crop you want. It also doesn't show you what's "outside" the selection window, which would be very helpful. Finally the logo is annoying and can't be removed by upgrade, only by watching a 30sec ad. Seriously?! App deleted.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for you detailed review! Here are our follow-ups to some of your points:
You can completely choose/move-around the area that you would like to crop! Simply press and drag the picture until you get the window to the desired position. You can also enlarge/reduce the portion of the picture that is covered by changing the number of pieces.
As for the watermark removal concern that you mentioned, we are in fact working on a paid version that would be ad-free/watermark-free. In the meantime, we hope you understand that watching a short ad (usually no more than 10 seconds) remains our only revenue source -- which is necessary to maintain Unsquared.
Doesn’t create seamless photos
Nice UI, seems to work perfectly, with the ability to remove the watermark by watching an ad. Unfortunately, the most important feature doesn’t work: the slices it creates aren’t seamless. Some pixels seem to go missing between the slices, causing visible seams as the user scrolls across them in Instagram. :(
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.