• Save your favourite journeys to see your live next five train services at a glance.
• View platform information for services departing and arriving into Southern Cross Station.
• See what train will be running your service, the number of accessible spaces on-board and bikes that can be stowed in the bike storage areas.
• Easily access live service updates, timetables and the plan your journey tool on V/Line’s website.
• More reliable service information - Your next five services will be updated to indicate if your service isn’t running today.
• Be in the know before you go - See what train will be running your service and the number of designated accessible and bike spaces.
• Improved service updates - Tap any service to get information on planned service changes that may impact your journey
• 12-hour vs. 24-hour time - If 24-hour time isn’t your thing, change it to 12-hour time in the settings menu.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Some work needed
Have been using this app for some time and find it pretty useful but with some tweaks it could be great!
- There is a problem if you tap out of the app wile booking a ticket: when you return to try and carry on where you left off you find yourself back at the home screen with no idea how to return to your booking, so you have to start all over again. If you have already reserved a seat the system holds on to that and you can’t have it back.
- There is not much seat information visible. If booking a Velocity service on the Gippsland line, you can’t see which is the quiet carriage. It happens to be the first one that comes up. The result is that the “quiet” carriage is always full, often with groups having loud conversations, while the other ones can be pretty empty. It would probably better if the default carriage was the standard one and you specifically had to tap in to book into the quiet one. Please clearly indicate when booking into the quiet carriage as I love the concept of a quiet carriage.
Needs work, shows promise
Like all official transport apps in Australia, this isn’t quite fit for service. I use it mostly because it’s the only app that shows the platforms (which for Southern Cross is quite important) but even these aren’t always accurate. My main complaint is that it’s just slow - many a time I have been walking to the station and haven’t got the info I needed in the five minutes before I get to the station. Sometimes it tells me there are no trains when they are. Which is a shame because the design and features are fine (although it would be nice if it could recognise where you are so it defaults to the right ‘Next 5’).
Need more comprehensive trip planning information
I like using the Journey planner. The convenience of selecting my from and to stations, and seeing the train times is great... but... I NEED to see more than 5 services, or, I need to be able to move earlier and later in the day.
For example, I search for a journey, and enter the date, and it shows me the services for tomorrow around the same time as I am doing the search. I then have no way to look at earlier or later services on that day...
The app has the potential to be great, but it really does need an update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.