Travel the world with Velocity Global Wallet®, your Velocity membership card and Visa Prepaid Travel card in one.
Global Wallet® is available exclusively for Velocity Frequent Flyer members, and is on the other side of the new Velocity membership card.
The Global Wallet® is a reloadable Visa Prepaid card that allows you to
• Carry multiple currencies when you travel
• Earn Velocity points for purchases
• Lock in exchange rates before you leave
• Use it wherever Visa is accepted and access more than 2 million ATMs around the world
• Block and unblock your card anytime
• No monthly or account fees
To find out more about Global Wallet® visit www.velocityglobalwallet.com.
Functionality of this App
• View account balances
• Review transaction history
• Move your funds between currencies as you travel
• Place a stop on the card if lost or stolen
• Send funds to other Global Wallet users
Terms and conditions:
Please refer to the Global Wallet® Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) at velocityfrequentflyer.com/globalwallet for the full terms and conditions of this product. You should consider the PDS before making any decisions about whether the prepaid facility is appropriate for you. The Global Wallet® prepaid product is issued by Rêv Australia Pty Ltd ACN ABN 91 117 378 953 AFSL 401610. Fees and charges apply. Refer to the PDS for full details.
We update the app as often as possible to make Velocity Global Wallet® the best it can be.
If you have more comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org, we really appreciate your feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Handy but could be better...
Have used the app & travel card in Australia and Europe with no issues. Easy to navigate and manage funds across currencies.
The app could seriously benefit from:
1) Inclusion of AED currency, Dubai is one of the biggest airports in the world after all and it’s hard to go anywhere without passing through it.
2) Make the travel card Apple Pay compatible! ASAP.
3) Include a ‘cash-out’ function (similar to qantas cash) so its possible to make a direct transfer back to your primary Australian bank account. Not having this compatibility is a serious shortfall. Should be free of charge.
No Face ID support *updated*
Update: Thanks for the dev response! I went into the app settings and for some reason the FaceID toggle was set to on but was not working. I had to turn it off and then on again before the app would ask for the faceID permission next time I opened the app, not sure why this is the case as I had never touched the settings prior to installing. Thanks though 👌 now just Apple Pay support pls haha
Old review, still applies: Apple Pay support? I top up my card every pay but the main reason I end up not using my velocity card when I'm out is because with Apple Pay I rarely carry around my wallet - or I just forget I have it all together and tap my phone
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with login. FaceID should be available in the latest version of the app. You can activate it in Global Wallet App>Settings>Security>FaceID.
If you still have issues activating FaceID, please write to us at email@example.com. with your Velocity Id or Global Wallet® account number. Sincerely, Velocity Global Wallet® Support Team.
Do not use this card
If I could give this review 0 stars I would. They are slow in responding to you and are very difficult to deal with when increasing the load limit on the velocity card. They say it’s easy but believe me it’s not. It was easier going to a country that doesn’t speak English and getting around compared to this card. The app is poor and not nearly as good or well developed as the major banks. If you are looking for a decent travel card please consider contacting your bank or using a better company. Avoid this at all cost!!!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.