Vesper is a simple and elegant tool for collecting notes, ideas, things to do — anything you want to remember. Organize your notes whatever way comes naturally to you, without complications. Vesper's focus is on how it feels to use.
• Use tags to group related notes.
• Attach photos.
• Drag and drop notes to reorder them — move important ones up, other ones down.
• Swipe a note to send it to the archive. Out of sight, but remembered forever.
• Keep notes backed up with Vesper Sync.
Q Branch is closing down, and Vesper will no longer be developed. Here’s what that means for you, as a Vesper user:
• You can no longer create new sync accounts.
• The sync server will go offline, permanently, at 8:00 PM Pacific on August 30, 2016.
• Upon shutdown, we will be destroying all sync data on our server. It will not be recoverable by us or anyone else. IMPORTANT: The notes and data stored by Vesper on your device will not be destroyed — only the data on the sync server.
• Vesper itself will be removed from the App Store on September 15.
• Vesper now has an Export feature. You’ll find it at the bottom of the sidebar. You do not need a sync account to export your notes. You can export to iCloud Drive, Dropbox (if you have Dropbox installed on your iOS device), or any other destination provided by an app with a Document Provider extension.
• Each note is exported to a plain text file. Images are exported as well.
We three at Q Branch — Dave, John, and Brent — are greatly appreciative of everyone who has used and said good things about Vesper. We love this app. But the time has come to say goodbye. We thank you, sincerely, for your support and enthusiasm.
Ratings and Reviews
Great to use but outgunned
I really love using Vesper, it's clean, modern and elegant and at the moment have been using it to track my ideas for projects.
However, when I really need to remember something or come back to it I find myself opening up Scratch or IA Writer instead, purely because I can export those files and continue working on them be mac or ipad.
I would really love to give Vesper 5 stars but just can't without Dropbox syncing or something similar.
The tags interface is flexible, simple and fast. Being able to put a photo in is what won me over though. I can photograph my work roster and add the date so they are easier to find than in the camera roll. I'm also moving my todos over to give that a go too as I find the app easy to tap about in and quickly add a new entry.
I like it better than Thinglist as you can choose your categories/tags.
Elegant and powerful
Sad that developers decided to use their own servers for sync, rather than iCloud or Dropbox. I've already gone through having to move all my notes a few times after other note services (e.g. Catch) closed up shop. Not going through that again.
However, I realised that I could use the app for notes that I don't care about long-term and it's been a great user experience.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.