This is the FREE version of the most popular vessel tracking app, providing real-time data on the positions and movements of vessels, utilising a large network of terrestrial AIS receivers. VesselFinder Free aims to reveal the comprehensive picture of the global AIS coverage.
VesselFinder Free features include:
- Real time positions of over 100,000 ships every day
- Ship details - name, flag, type, IMO, MMSI, destination, ETA, draught, course, speed, gross tonnage, year of built, size, photo and more
- Ship search by Name, IMO number or MMSI number
- Ship movement history - follow the track of each vessel for the past 24 hours
- Simple and Detailed map type
- Map filter - filter vessels on map by type
If you want more features, buy VesselFinder Pro and get:
- Ad free
- Add your favourite vessels to "My Fleet," which is synchronized with "My Fleet" on www.VesselFinder.com
- Detailed ship movement history
Coverage - near-shore coverage, same as the web-based application VesselFinder.com
If you experience any problem with this application, please fill this form to contact us https://www.vesselfinder.com/contact instead of writing a review here. We will do our best to solve it. Thanks!
Visibility of vessels in this application depends on AIS signal availability. If a particular vessel is out of our AIS coverage zone, VesselFinder displays her last reported position and updates it as soon as the vessel comes into range. Completeness and accuracy of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
Connect with VesselFinder
- on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vesselfinder
- on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/vesselfinder
- in our forum: http://forum.vesselfinder.com/forum/6-vesselfinder/
- fixed iOS 13 compatibility issue
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good App In General
Good app for the average user to look at what ships and other water craft is around. Would like to be able to remove advertising, but the pro version is very expensive for just ad removal, considering I wouldn't use the other pro features.
Map update is considerably slow to update when moving or zooming, but does eventually update.
Very handy app
Fairly plain vanilla looking app, but it works perfectly fine. You can search for ships by name and track their progress in real time. The app updates the position of the ship you are tracking every 60 seconds, and extra information about each ship (where known) is available with the tap of a finger. Perfect for the amateur hobbyist.
Click bait for the expensive version
Up to u, but this is just a teaser to get you to purchase the “pro version”! Just get marine traffic instead and bypass this one!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.