The Veterinary Handbook app for cattle, sheep and goats is a comprehensive, mobile resource for veterinarians, animal health professionals, livestock producers, livestock handlers and veterinary and agricultural students.
This useful app includes information on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and associated syndromes of diseases in cattle, sheep and goats. You can filter your search by Species, Disease or Syndrome to quickly have animal health information at your fingertips to assist you whether in the field or at the office.
The Veterinary Handbook app has been adapted from ‘The Veterinary Handbook for the Livestock export industry’ by the Australian Livestock Export Corporation (LiveCorp) the RD&E service company for Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat exporters;and Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) the marketing and RD&E service company for Australia’s cattle, sheep and goat producers. As a result provides a range of information that includes:
* Causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and conditions known to occur in sheep, goats, dairy and beef cattle.
* The process of disease recognition and investigation – how to detect, investigate and necropsy.
* The management of feed and water during sea transport and potential related health and welfare problems
* How to manage sick and injured livestock and safe and effective euthanasia
The Handbook includes best-practice information and standardised approaches for veterinarians and stock people caring for exported Australian livestock.
Corrected content footnotes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a fourth year vet student (soon to be intern) and this app is fantastic- to have this much information in my pocket with me at all times is invaluable.
I have often found myself trying to look up diseases via my iPhone or iPad while on site or at Uni but struggle to find concise and reliable information, especially if data reception is sporadic.
I would definitely recommend this app to any person working with livestock.
This handbook is easy to use and provides a ton of useful information for vets working with livestock.
To input the sign and symptoms would be very useful.
The app is good if you know what is wrong, but especially with goats it could be a number of different diseases. If you had the ability to input the signs and symptoms, then your app narrowed the list down, this would be such a fantastic useful tool to have. Thank you.
- Australian Livestock Export Corporation Limited
- 16.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Australian Livestock Export Corporation Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.