Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord, Philip Bloom and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos!
Covered by WIRED, TechCrunch, Mashable, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ and many, many others!
App of the Day for Friday, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a VHS camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With Rarevision VHS, you'll make videos that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create custom animated titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the fake zoom to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• The only VHS cam app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Shoot your own "found footage" movie and become a big Hollywood director like those other guys
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually rad
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Pretend like you lived through the rad 1980s using our app!
What Rarevision VHS Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS cam app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Import videos from Camera Roll and give them the VHS look
• Create your own animated titles for the ultimate in on-screen awesomeness
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Fake zoom feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn't)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• Share videos to Instagram, Facebook and YouTube using Camera Roll
• Up to 60p recording for a more accurate VHS video look (depends on device capability)
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Rarevision is a US-based company, and all of our software development is done in-house.
Copyright © 2015-2020 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
• Sweet quality improvements
• Tweaked filters
• Imported videos aren't as blurry
• Some other awesome bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
FIX THE POSITION OF THE DATE FOR WIDE OPTION
Hey, this app is so amazing and easy to use but please in the next update move the date to the actual corner of the phone for wide option PLEASEEE it’s so annoying when it’s literally in the middle of the video it just looks off so please and add ratio sizings and let us move the date around pleasseee that’d be sooooooo much easier and gives us more freedom paid $6AUD and kindaaaaa unhappy that I couldn’t change the effects or move the date so please add it thank you
Lots of fun
A lot of fun, and oddly makes me want to make more home videos of the family in tacky “Uncle with a camcorder” style. Only thing I don’t like is that “play” pops up every time you hit record - when you put your clips all together it means it pops up constantly! Otherwise the image is great - very authentic feeling!
Old Is The New!
I’m majorly impressed with this app. So many variations with how you can transform your smart device camera for a cheap price, into an obsolete VHS camcorder!
The downfalls, you can’t play music over it like Snapchat does. You cannot edit your films also with the inclusion of music.
- Rarevision LLC
- 16.4 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.