Due to a problem with version 1.2.26, please update to version 1.3.0 as soon as you can.
Easily discover, purchase and download more than 10,000 topographic maps over Victoria on your mobile device. Vicmap Viewer brings together authoritative government data in an easy-to-access mobile mapping app.
• Vicmap Viewer can be used by emergency services, and for a range of recreational activities including bushwalking, cycling, and four-wheel driving.
• The app makes it convenient to download topographic maps on your mobile device, then view offline, providing users access to topographic maps anywhere, anytime.
WHICH MAP DO I NEED?
Maps are available in four different scales:
• 1:25,000: perfect for bushwalking, cycling and fossicking
• 1:30,000: shows same information as the 1:25,000, but suited to A3 or A4 home printing
• 1:50,000: perfect for four-wheel driving, bush walking and camping
• 1:100,000: perfect for long distance cycling, car touring and day trips.
WHAT FEATURES ARE AVAILABLE ON VICMAP VIEWER MAPS?
Vicmap topographic maps depict natural and constructed features including rivers, walking tracks, park boundaries, contours, monuments and emergency services facilities. Detailed information is displayed using easy to read standard cartographic symbology
WHAT CAN I DO WITH VICMAP VIEWER?
Vicmap Viewer enables you to:
• easily access Vicmap topographic maps from your mobile device or tablet
• search and find a Vicmap topographic map by geolocation, mapsheet name, mapsheet number, locality or address
• access your downloaded map using PDF viewers for display, geolocation or printing
• discover your downloaded map using geolocation, mapsheet name and mapsheet number
• view your downloaded map in remote areas while offline.
Fixes an issue where saved maps were not visible, and needed to be downloaded again.
Ratings and Reviews
Maps won’t download
Download all maps won’t work. App freezes. Need to hit download for each map one at a time. Totally impractical when you have lots of the maps to download. Also should be able to select whole ares of maps rather than needing to select each individual map and add it to the cart. Way to slow to select lots of maps. Is anyone working on fixing these issues?
Don't bother using in an emergency
This doesn't use the latest Vicmap data, the online version has addresses that the app doesn't. The search for an address no matter where it is goes to the same random spot in the extreme west of the state. Useful for zooming in to known locations and not much else.
Handy access to Vicmap
Handy app when I forget to take map, even better now that I can access via website
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- 253.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.