Video Star makes you and your friends the stars of awesome music videos. There's no other app like it!
Select from hundreds of built-in effects. Then add Power Packs to crank up the awesome. Create reversed "backwards" clips, act along with "clones" of yourself, move in slow-mo & fast forward, and make awesome stop motion and green screen effects. Pause at any time to set up a new scene. No matter how many scenes you shoot, the music stays in perfect sync.
• Select a song
• Start shooting
YouTube upload and sharing built right in. A great way to make Instagram Videos too!
With thousands of five star reviews, like:
• "Best app I ever downloaded! Love it!"
• "This is what I've been waiting for! I've always wanted an app JUST like this. I have had this for about a year now and my friends and I LOVE it!!!"
• "This app is amazing. I make so many cool videos I could have never done if it wasn't for video star!!!"
Video Star is exclusively for music videos. Make vlogs and videos with live audio using VideoFX Live.
All Access Pass Subscription
- An All Access Pass provides unlimited access to ALL current and future Power Packs in Video Star and VideoFX Live
- Subscriptions are $4.99/month, $12.99/three months, or $29.99/year
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- You can read our terms of service at: videostarapp.com/terms.html
Fixed a crash bug when using Multi-layer QR codes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just a suggestion
Unlike many others who use Videostar, I make animations using it. I draw all of my frames, then import them using the “insert photo” button. This has made animating very easy for me! It works really well too!
The only problem is, I would like to be able to use a transparent png, so it’s only the character moving and the background is the transparent part.
I would like to use gifs for my background animation you see.
The only way to do this is to import the transparent animation into an alternative program to put the layers together.
Though I can’t do this due to the fact videostar gives you a background, without anything to do about it. The only thing that WOULD work for this would be to edit it out using photoshop. That’s already three different programs!
A tip that would make all of these problems go away would be to add layers to videostar. Maybe add a button that can add layers like you would in an art program?? So there can be different effects on different layers! Please make this happen! It would be so much easier!
(Yes I am aware of the “multi layer” function. But that acts more as a transitioning function, and not a layer option you could find in an art program.)
Developer Response ,
Since the app is making videos and Apple doesn't support transparent videos there's only so much we can do about that. But, yes, we are looking into getting transparency working for some of the places that use photos. And multi-layer is probably your best bet for doing "layering" ... it doesn't have to be used for transitions/keyframes. You could use record with a gif loaded and make one clip, then load that clip as #1 in multi-layer then tap layer 2 and photo to bring in your photo you want over it.
It’s good and bad. I love the app because I love editing and making those Instagram edits, but it’s not that good that you have to pay to make transitions, or get effects. I’m using cute cut pro right now, but you can’t warp or put motion blur or add cool effects, so I went on videos star and I saw you have to pay for everything...
solution: make a “video star pro” app and you can get most things for free, but you have to pay for the app (like 20 dollars or something).
I see people’s edits and they look so good on video star, but when people download it and try it out, they burn out their money right away! *PLEASE CONSIDER*
Developer Response ,
You can do that right now: open the app, tap the lightning bolt icon, tap "All Access Pass" and get the Gold Pass. It unlocks everything in the app now ... and added to the app in the future for one, low price!
please read!! (also gr8 app btw)
hey! so uhm i dont think youve read my little suggestion about the shadow thingy. so you know how texts have shadows you can edit in the text screen thingy yeh? can we please do the same with pictures/videos in multi-layer? i know that we can use the outline fuzzy colour but it doesnt really change the opacity and where the shadow is (like the left, right or diagonal to the picture/video). i dont really like to use two pictures for each purpose, like one at the back for shadows and one at the front which is the actual picture/video. and also, when we’re using the master option and we’re on a singular layer, can you please let us use a colour? like after i put in a master layer option thingy, it wont let me add tracking blur to any of the layers. i mean, it does let me but it never works. another question! so theres an option for you to mask a picture after tapping “add mask”. would it be okay if you could add the mask option as a colour in multi-lauer? if you guys could add these features itd be great help! sorry for the really long paragraph 😣
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for these suggestions! Please don't be sorry for explaining them - we really appreciate the in-depth way this affects editors like yourself!
- Frontier Design Group, LLC
- 243.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2011-2019 Frontier Design Group, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Advanced Auto Stop $2.99
- Split Screen Effects $1.49
- Crazy Party Effects $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.