Lots and lots of changes in this first post-WWDC update:
- Adds support for Github
- For all services except Gravatar, Vignette will now attempt to match *any* URL in a contact, instead of only looking in Social Profiles. This should allow Exchange users to get the benefits of Vignette, despite not having a Social Profiles field.
- Support mobile version of Facebook & Twitter URLs
- Improved networking detection: Vignette will automatically search on startup if your device is on Wi-Fi
- Close button in the selector screen (which you can reach by tapping on the right-side avatar)
- Similarly, adds accessibility escape gesture to selector screen
- Fixes Twitter images presented at the wrong aspect ratio
- Improved detection of Facebook and Instagram default images
- Fix some potential issues around the speed contacts were being saved
- Backgrounding support [mostly] repaired
- Honors system sort setting, which means Vignette can now sort by given name instead of family name
- Better support for company-name-only contacts
- Open source licenses no longer sort themselves randomly and no longer allow users to edit them
- Improvements for memory usage and thread management
- Layout fixes
Ratings and Reviews
What a Great Idea
This is a simple app that can add another dimension to your contacts.
However, you really do need to ensure that the details in your contacts app for each of your contacts includes their social media details (twitter, facebook +/or instagram). I do not partake in such social media, so I have no idea of the relevant social media details for each of my contacts. Email addresses were not adequate for Vignette to find photos for each of my contacts. Luckily, you can try out the app for free and determine whether the photos found justify paying.
A good first release
This is a very clean and for the most part well thought out application. However the path for getting profile pictures from Facebook needs improvement. As someone who mostly wants to use this to source photos from Facebook, this is a significant issue for me. I appreciate the developer’s lack of desire to want to further integrate with Facebook, but the current method of adding non-obvious fb: URIs to contacts (which don’t play nicely with the iOS contacts app) - which only works some of the time - is far less than ideal. I’d rather have the application make use of Facebook’s API to do a better job of this.
Seems to work well for all other avatar sources.
I’m slack, it works and I don’t have to do anything!
While I waited for it to find all the images for my contacts I sat on the couch and did absolutely nothing!
It works really well and is rather fast :)
- Limitliss LLC
- 12.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Limitliss LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Save Updates $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.