Symantec VIP Access helps protect your online accounts and transactions by using a strong authentication process when you sign in to your VIP-enabled accounts.
• Strong authentication: Provides strong, two-factor authentication when logging into your VIP-enabled accounts.
• QR/App Code: Scan a QR Code to generate site-specific security codes for strong two-factor authentication to your favorite websites.
Use VIP Access at participating organizations such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, Facebook, Google, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network: :
VIP Access adds strong authentication to your normal login in one of the following ways:
• Dynamically generate a one-time use security code on your mobile device. Use that code along with your username and password.
• Receive a push notification on your mobile device that you approve as authentication. If your organization requires you to define an additional device authentication mechanism to meet the security requirements, you will be prompted for the additional local authentication such as passphrases or biometrics.
• Use Touch ID, Face ID, or Passcode in a push notification to authenticate yourself on your mobile device.
Note: Touch ID or Face ID authentication requires that your mobile device is Touch ID or Face ID capable and that you have registered a fingerprint or facial recognition authentication on the device.
The strong authentication method you use depends on the method implemented by your participating organization.
You can generate a security code even if you do not have a network or mobile connection.
Scan a QR Code at participating organizations such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more to generate a security code every 30 seconds to securely sign in. Enter this security code along with your password to add strong authentication to your favorite websites.
Be sure to read the VIP End User Agreement after downloading VIP Access: https://docs.broadcom.com/doc/end-user-agreement-english
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this for a couple of years now and really enjoyed the fact it has an iwatch day extension however over the past 6 months this has consistently failed to stay connected and doesn’t reconnect. It was a great idea shame it’s so unreliable that I don’t use it anymore.
Proximity feature stopped working months ago and no amount of resetting Bluetooth on Mac and phone will get it to work. Website FAQ useless. Obvious why this feature is now being removed. It was buggy.
My bank has told me they are going to ditch this App due to the number of issues they are having with it. Do NOT delete and reinstall App if you already have Credential number registered. Reinstalling will create a new Credential number and lock you out of you bank account. You will then have to visit bank to prove who you are to get it reset. Overall, a poorly implemented concept.
Be warned credential ID changes when phone phone updates - requires a call to the bank to register the new credential ID. Makes internet banking as convenient as going into the branch and withdrawing cash. If your financial institution insists on this piece of rubbish find another bank or demand another system. This is an absolute joke. No one can access your account because you can’t either.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Broadcom Inc
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Symantec Corporation