Take a picture of anything that has words on it, and Voice will read it to you! Updated with top notch technology, Voice will let you listen to all your books/words/documents/magazines in a matter of seconds.
Voice is simple. Hold it in front of a document. If it sees the page, it will tell you "4 corners detected". When you're ready, just say the word "Capture". Voice will automatically snap a picture. Then say "read," and Voice will read the words aloud to you.
People with visual impairment or dyslexia can easily snap a photo of anything and have it read in a matter of seconds. Whether it is a menu at a restaurant, a medicine label, and expiration date on a milk carton, or even an information board at a museum.
Foreign exchange students can read and listen to an english book at the same time using this app. Thus, listening to pronunciation and following along, word-by-word.
- New and improved OCR quality! Be amazed with how accurate the app will read your documents. You no longer need to worry about low lighting and bad focus, Voice corrects it automatically and gives you near-perfect readings every time.
- Voice reads handwritten text! It can read the handwritten text even in cursive with slightly messy handwriting! Almost no other app can do this.
- Voice control. Now you can take a picture by simply saying "Capture" or "Take picture". Voice will literally snap a photo at your command. Then simply say the word "Read" and Voice will start reading it to you. Right now there are only 2 Voice commands but I will be adding more in future updates.
- Book mode – reads multiple pages one after another. Just simply keep taking photos. Then when you say "Read," Voice will be able to read them all to you one by one.
- Automatic language detection! The OCR will automatically find and detect the language of your text, so you can read documents that contain text with multiple languages! If you let VoiceOver do the reading, it can fluently switch between languages. Supports over 30 major languages (basically, any language that's supported by VoiceOver is supported by Voice).
- Field of view report – Just point it at a document. Voice will automatically tell you when all 4 corners of the document are visible.
- Fully compatible with VoiceOver and made specifically with accessibility in mind.
- Vertical and horizontal column detection and smart column-based reading- ex: newspapers.
- Better OCR quality and technology than almost every other expensive paid service.
- Adjustable speaking rate. Just customize it to your liking in the app Settings.
- This app works only when connected to the internet.
- Make sure your phone isn't on silent and your volume is all the way up (or enough for you to hear the voice).
- Voice continues playing the audio in the background even when the screen locks.
- The camera defaults to auto flash and doesn't reset to off.
- The bug where VoiceOver causes the picture to capture and read automatically is fixed.
- You can save or share multiple pages together instead of just saving one page at a time.
- Automatically start reading the next page after the first page finishes reading.
- Can now find the photo element (and photo delete button) with VoiceOver by sliding your finger across the screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing incredible app
The best App I have Downloaded in a very long time A+ for best
I'm happy to give this app a chance but at the moment I've got to say that it's reading ability from the printed page is rough. No instructions are made available making it a frustrating trial and error experience. Check back in a few days. Watch the memory use. It's scary.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.