The Wagyu Feed Calculator allows producers to develop a feed ration for Wagyu cattle. Given the pasture conditions, it calculates the daily supplemental feed requirement for an expected growth rate and the total amount of feed required for a group of animals for a selected period.
The calculator incorporates NSW DPI growth calculations enabling the user to compare the cost of one or two feeds on an energy and protein basis, as well as develop a feed 'mix' using these feeds. The user can select from a range of feeds and use the estimated average feed quality values or enter their own values from a feed test.
The app calculates:
1. The pasture DMI (kg/hd/day)
2. Percent of energy requirement from pasture
3. Estimated weight gain from pasture (kg/day)
4. Amount of supplementary feed required (kg/hd/day)
5. Total supplement cost
Farmers can easily assess the value of different feeds by simply comparing these results for two feeds as well as a mixed ration. There are 71 different feeds to select from, each with their own estimated average energy, protein and dry matter values. Values can be easily overwritten when feed test results are available. There are a number of warnings built in to help guide the busy producer when developing a ration.
Ratings and Reviews
- NSW Trade & Investment, Regional Infrastructure & Services
- 23.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © State of New South Wales through Department of Trade and Investment, Regional Infrastructure and Services 
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.