• Awarded “App Store Best of 2014” by Apple
• Try Waterlogue Pro for macOS! Available now on the Mac App Store.
You don’t need to paint to create beautiful watercolor images—Waterlogue captures the essence of your photos in brilliant, liquid color.
• Waterlogue transforms your photos into luminous watercolors.
• Watch Waterlogue paint as it transforms your images.
• Use your watercolors to create an artist’s journal or notebook.
• Save your watercolors and share them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
• Create beautiful, high res, frameable art for your home.
• 14 pre-set styles to customize your watercolors by controlling wetness, pen outlines, and color.
• Image export at high resolution.
• Control of borders, lightness, and detail.
• Includes example images.
• From Tinrocket, creator of This by Tinrocket (App Store Best of 2016), Olli (App Store Best of 2017), Percolator, and Popsicolor.
iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 13.2 and up.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WATERLOGUE:
• Oprah's holiday pick! "Made with Love: DIY Gifts"—O, The Oprah Magazine
• “…with Waterlogue, it’s clear that there’s a very thoughtful human touch behind the app’s painterly algorithms.” —WIRED, Mar. 2014
• “…Waterlogue is going to utterly amaze you, as it’s the first app I’ve seen that gives results that really look like a watercolor painting.” —Cult of Mac, Dec. 2013
• “Watercolor apps may not be a new idea, but Waterlogue does it in a gorgeous, intuitive way, and it’s quite a pleasure to use.” —AppAdvice.com, Dec. 2013
• “Waterlogue App (from Tinrocket) looks awesome!” —Jack Hollingsworth, Photographer, via Twitter @photojack, Dec. 12, 2013
• “It goes beyond typical Photoshop watercolor filters because it has more visual intelligence, and more of the feel of the real paint.” —James Gurney, Artist and Author of Dinotopia, gurneyjourney.blogspot.com, Dec. 2013
• “Ever since digital imagery came into its own over 20 years ago, there have been attempts to mimic traditional media. Where others have failed, Waterlogue nails it.” —PatrickSaunders.com, Dec. 2013
KEEP UP WITH TINROCKET:
• Follow @Tinrocket on Instagram and Twitter for the latest!
• We’re here to help: If you have a question or need assistance, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating. Every review counts and helps indie developers like ourselves.
Waterlogue® and See the world like an artist® are registered Trademarks of Tinrocket, LLC
• Improvements to image import and sharing
• UI improvements
• Internal changes to keep things current
• Fixed broken example image
Recent changes in our 1.4 update:
• New: 3x faster rendering (iPhone 6 and up)
• New: "Jumbo" detail setting (iPhone 6 and up)
• New: Support for iPhone X screens
• New: Quickly access recent photos
• Improved: Streamlined is now identical to “It's Technical” but without the graph paper!
• Improved: "Illustration" style
• Improved: "Shallow" style
• Fix: Send paintings to your AirPrint-compatible printer
• UI updates
• Bug fixes
If you like Waterlogue, please consider leaving an App Store review or rating—we’d really appreciate it! Every review counts and helps indie developers like ourselves. :)
We’re here to help you too: If you have a question or need assistance, you can always email us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
If you want a beautiful watercolour painting from a photo then this is is the one I recommend I am a Watercolour Artist I used this app for several years as a tool. NOT ALL PHOTOS WILL WORK when they are converted into a watercolour. Not even if it’s an award winning photo With some photos you get the effect your looking for and sometimes you’ve got to be a bit creative. Put the photo through different. effects on top of each other if you don’t get a good result then more than likely it’s the photo As an Artist this app has saved me a lot of time and paper
There are a ton of apps out there that purport to do exactly what Waterlogue does perfectly, but none of them come close. I am loving this app. In particular I love watching the transitions while the image is rendering. I wish I could capture each transition frame, so I could paint in layers.
Had some fun for 5 minutes but quickly realised the limitations of this expensive app. Only largest size gives reasonable detail but not enough detail for portraits. Most photographs are simply unrecognisable after rendering. Everything stopped working after the last update (which finally after years introduced a couple of new features that I can’t use because the app will no longer load my photos).
Developer Response ,
We're sorry to hear you've encountered an issue with your Waterlogue app, along with some issues getting a satisfactory image quality! We have some great tips on our FAQ page to help out with the image quality, you can find that here:
As for the app not loading your photos, can you ensure that Waterlogue has permissions to Read and Write to your photos? Here's some quick steps on doing that:
1. Launch "Settings" app
2. Scroll to the bottom of the list, and tap "Waterlogue"
3. Ensure the slider beside camera and photos is set to on (The bar will appear green)
If you're still having issues please don't hesitate to reach out to our support channel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick - Tinrocket Support Team
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tinrocket, LLC
- 45.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Tinrocket, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.