We Eat Local combines the fun of a cheeky social competition with the goodness of locally sourced, ethical food. This app leads you to where you can eat and buy it - and then shows you exactly where it was grown or made.
THE MOST AUTHENTIC PLACES IN TOWN
Uncover real paddock to plate deliciousness at some of Victoria's best local restaurants, local food retailers, farmers markets - and now from the farmers and growers themselves. See exactly where your food has come from: use the app to find out who grew your food, and see why everyone is talking about them. Taste and buy real food prepared beautifully and with love, using locally sourced ingredients.
FOOD WITH BENEFITS
You can earn nice surprises just by checking in, reviewing or rating the eateries and retailers you visit. Each month, using the app puts you straight onto the leaderboard and into the running for sought-after freebies.
• Tasty treats - Share in monthly rewards that you can put straight into your mouth. Who doesn't love the thought of that?
• Show off a bit – Out-score your friends and show off your local foodie smarts by reviewing places that go the extra mile to do the right thing.
• Get that warm gooey feeling – Knowing that every time you eat or buy food from a place on the app, you're helping local farmers and traditional artisans and their families to push back a bit against the big food giants.
BRING A FRIEND
Eating is a social thing, and even in these socially challenging times you can connect with your friends on the leaderboard, or invite someone new to the app to earn you both extra points. (Hey, if you win an avocado, you could put it down as a deposit on a house!)
ADD YOUR OWN FAVOURITES
We're always looking for more gorgeous local food places to eat and buy food from, so we've included a way for you to tell us about new spots that you reckon we should add. If they're sourcing their ingredients and products from farmers and artisans on the city fringes, or farther afield (within a long walk or a short drive), we'd love to hear about them, and so would loads of other We Eat Local app users. You could become famous. No, seriously, it has happened to other people before.
ABSOLUTELY NO IN-APP PURCHASES AND NO ANNOYING ADS
The app is free to download and use. And we hate those annoying popup ads as much as anyone.
FOR EATERIES, RETAILERS, FARMERS AND ARTISANS
• Showcase your commitment to local food to people who really want to find you. 7 in 10 Australians want to know where their food comes from: now you can give them the answer they've been looking for.
• Offer rewards to loyal customers or use tasty treats to attract new ones.
• Yes, there are free and paid versions of listings on the app. Your listings can look awesome or embarrassingly sparse, it's up to you, but all are welcome.
• Manage your listing on your own customised dashboard. Look beautiful and feel accomplished.
• Producers and artisans have full control over where their products appear. If you don't supply to someone any more, you can remove that product from their listing, no questions asked.
Just when you thought We Eat Local couldn't get any better, we've gone and added a whole new category of listings - producers! Now you can use the app to see exactly where all that great food is grown or made, as well as where you can buy it and eat it. We're also giving those farmers a bit more of a helping hand by letting them tell you if they have farm gate stores that you can visit to buy from, and they can also take you to their own websites where you can see their food in more detail. As we work our way around Australia, we add batches of new places, and in this release you'll see a bunch in SE Queensland, and another bunch in Tasmania. As the current pandemic hits food producers and businesses hard, we're excited to think that We Eat Local is set up to help you help them, by seeing who's around you and finding your way to their own online places where you can access their food.
We've also streamlined the startup sequence based on feedback from users, so now you'll just be taken straight to the business end of things and see all the cafes, restaurants, retail stores, farmers markets - and now artisans and producers - that are within cooee of your location.
It's all beautifully connected and super useful. And of course, we're continuously adding more places to the map so there are even more ways to support farmers to produce the kind of food we all want more of.
We hope you find it useful and we love feedback via the app, so please grab it, take a look around and say hi.
Ratings and Reviews
Love that I can find local food!!
This such a great, fun directory of places I can trust are serving / selling local produce. Don’t mind the excellent rewards too!!
Difficult to set up account
Not designed for a phone? Can’t enter my deets as the keyboard obscures the blank fields
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- NoshPlanet Pty Ltd
- 58.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Gambling and Contests Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- © 2017-20 We Eat Local
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.