Australia's favourite weather app, Weatherzone gives you access to detailed observations, 10 day forecasts, rain radar, BOM warnings and much more. We use Bureau of Meteorology forecasts, Weatherzone's high-resolution Opticast model and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
– Key Features Include –
• Real-time observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind, dew point, humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am.
• 10 day forecasts of minimum/maximum temperature, rain probability and likely amount, 9am/3pm wind, sunrise/sunset times.
• Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive graph viewer.
• Real-time weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology.
• Daily weather news and videos.
• Lightning alerts for your suburb.
• Local and national rain radar, Himawari-8 satellite and lightning maps.
• Push notifications for significant weather alerts.
• Exclusive Australian synoptic map.
– What are other features of Weatherzone? –
• UV rating and watch times.
• Pollen Forecast (for capital cities except Darwin).
• Fire Danger Rating (where available).
• Past 24-hour and historic observations.
• Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia, including national composite radars.
• Animated satellite of Australia.
– Subscriptions –
Choose from two subscription options:
• Ad Free - AUD$1.99 / Year auto-renewing subscription.
• Pro - AUD$5.99 / Month auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions are auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every period until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
– Brisbane City Council Early Warning Alert –
Brisbane City Council has partnered with Weatherzone to provide Brisbane residents with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if you may be impacted. Note that location-based features use the GPS running in the background and this can impact your device's battery usage.
– How is the lightning data sourced? –
Lightning is detected by the Weatherzone Total Lightning Network (http://business.weatherzone.com.au/products/total-lightning/). This is the most advanced lightning detection network in Australia. Lightning data displayed for consumers is delayed by up to 10minutes.
– Where does our data come from? –
Our data is sourced from a variety of sources including our own lightning detection network, in house forecast models and the Bureau of Meteorology. More details can be found here: http://business.weatherzone.com.au/science-and-technology/information-sources/
Learn more about the app: https://weatherzone.app/
FAQ and support tickets: http://help.weatherzone.com.au
Terms and conditions of use: http://m.weatherzone.com.au/terms
If you have any feature suggestions, have an issue with your subscription, or find a bug, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fixed a bug affecting some users when displaying the weather icon on data refresh.
• Minor updates to the radar animator controls.
• Improved legibility of the wind observation plots in Layers for Pro users.
• Other minor bugs and fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of life’s essentials really ...
I do very much prefer the WeatherZone app over default Apple Weather app because WeatherZones data is far more accurate and detailed, not to mention the interface is logical and easy to navigate without being cluttered with too much detail in one place which should keep everyone happy. Those who just want something to give them a current temperature or forecast wont be bogged down with all those other data points they mightn’t understand.
Thanks for the very useful app WeatherZone 👍🏼 ... and thank you for the pre-efilled review. I usually only use this when I want to clear the annoying notification about posting a review that pops up on iPhone when you’re using an app just acquired. For apps I think are very handy to own, then I make the effort to write my own 😁 cheers guys
Good enough but warning system not updating
I like this app but having trouble with the warnings. It’s only set for my area so I’m only getting warnings for here which is great as I need to keep an eye on the creek level with the flooding happening in FNQ atm as we have a major creek running down the back of our house. I get the notification for the warning, click on it and it opens into the app, I click on the exclamation mark then it goes into the warnings list. This is where I’m having issues, before I expand the warning it has the right time the current warning was issued, but as soon as I expand the warning, it’s still actually the old warning with the old time & warning number (from the previous warning issued by BOM) so I have to go to my Willy Weather app and read the new warning. I’ve tried refreshing & closing app on and off but still hasn’t updated to the correct warning time & number that was currently issued. Also what’s with all the different colour crosses for the lightning strikes? Is there a key somewhere to know what’s white, blue etc? I’m guessing it’s the time/how long ago they occurred but I can’t find anywhere to tell me.
Far from accurate
I’ve been looking for a new weather app for a few months after my favourite was no longer supported. Like others have commented the photos are nice enough but not worth the hassle when you really just want accurate and easy to read weather info.
The temperature forecasts haven’t been too far off but rain and actual detail about the forecast is quite often a day out. This week BOM is predicting up to 10mm on Saturday which it lists on that day then you look at the forward rain forecast down the bottom and it doesn’t even remotely correlate to the same info, it says 1mm rain on Friday and nothing on Saturday! Did the same a couple of weeks ago bringing forward rain forecast for the day after in the two week rain look ahead. Quite often the rain forecast doesn’t even match BOM. I’ve only been using this for about three months now but if the poor consistency and inaccuracy continues I’ll have to go back to searching for another weather app 😩
Developer Response ,
Please get in touch with us via email@example.com so we can help!
- The Weather Company Pty Ltd
- 238.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Weatherzone
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free Weatherzone Subscription $5.99
- Weatherzone PRO Subscription $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.