Australia's favourite weather app, Weatherzone, gives you access to detailed observations, 7 Day forecasts, rain radar, BOM warnings and much more. We use Bureau of Meteorology forecasts, our in house Opticast model and our meteorologists to produce accurate forecasts for Australia and the world.
Featuring gorgeous weather photography submitted by you!
Visit our website to submit yours: http://apps.weatherzone.com.au/
-- Key Features Include --
- Real-time observations from hundreds of automated weather stations across the country: Temperature, wind speed and direction, dew point, relative humidity, pressure and rain since 9 am
- 7 day forecasts of minimum, maximum temperature, icon, rain probability/likely amount and 9am/3pm wind.
- Hourly temperature, chance of rain and wind forecasts in our interactive viewer.
- Real-time weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
- Weatherpulse daily video magazine
- Lightning Alerts for your suburb
- Local and National rain radar, Himawari-8 satellite and lightning maps
- National Video forecast from our meteorologists
- Warning and Forecast Push Notifications
- Gorgeous weather photography submitted by you!
- Exclusive Australian synoptic map
-- What are other features of Weatherzone? --
- Sunrise and Sunset times
- UV rating and watch times
- Pollen Forecast (for capital cities except Darwin)
- Fire Danger Rating (where available)
- Past 24hours observations
- Month to Date and Almanac
- Animated radar from 58 locations around Australia and State and National composite radars
- Animated satellite of Australia
-- Snow & Ski --
- Australia's only 14 day snow forecast
- Snow Reports
- Snow Cams
- Lift Status
-- Subscriptions --
Choose from two subscription options:
* Ad Free - AUD$1.99 / Year auto-renewing subscription
* Pro - AUD$5.99 / Month auto-renewing subscription
Subscriptions are auto-renewable which means that once purchased it will be auto-renewed every year / month until you cancel it 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
-- Brisbane City Council Early Warning Alert --
Brisbane City Council has partnered with Weatherzone to provide Brisbane residents with free severe weather alerts. The alerts are location-based, so you only receive warnings if you may be impacted.*
-- Who are Weatherzone? --
Weatherzone is Australia's largest commercial meteorological organisation and uses Bureau of Meteorology and unique internally developed computer modeling to produce the most accurate forecasts available in Australia.
-- How is the lightning data sourced? --
Lightning is detected by the Weatherzone Total Lightning Network (http://business.weatherzone.com.au/products/total-lightning/). This is the most advanced lightning detection network in Australia. Lightning data displayed for consumers is delayed by up to 10minutes.
-- Where does our data come from? --
Our data is sourced from a variety of sources including our own lightning detection network, in house forecast models and the Bureau of Meteorology. More details can be found here: http://business.weatherzone.com.au/science-and-technology/information-sources/
Australian, Weather, Aussie weather, Sydney Weather, Melbourne Weather, Brisbane Weather.
If you have a suggestion for new features or content or find a bug, email us at email@example.com
* "My Location" alerting requires us to access your GPS in the background so that your location can be updated. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Our biggest update this year just in time for summer!
- Revised design.
- New dynamic radar maps including full colour real time satellite imagery.
- New & Updated notifications alert you wherever you are!
- Fixed loads of bugs
- Fixed lots of Bugs
- Fixed the town font size on the Static map
- Improved speed of layers on the Dynamic Map
- Fixed some subscription issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
One of life’s essentials really ...
I do very much prefer the WeatherZone app over default Apple Weather app because WeatherZones data is far more accurate and detailed, not to mention the interface is logical and easy to navigate without being cluttered with too much detail in one place which should keep everyone happy. Those who just want something to give them a current temperature or forecast wont be bogged down with all those other data points they mightn’t understand.
Thanks for the very useful app WeatherZone 👍🏼 ... and thank you for the pre-efilled review. I usually only use this when I want to clear the annoying notification about posting a review that pops up on iPhone when you’re using an app just acquired. For apps I think are very handy to own, then I make the effort to write my own 😁 cheers guys
Good enough but warning system not updating
I like this app but having trouble with the warnings. It’s only set for my area so I’m only getting warnings for here which is great as I need to keep an eye on the creek level with the flooding happening in FNQ atm as we have a major creek running down the back of our house. I get the notification for the warning, click on it and it opens into the app, I click on the exclamation mark then it goes into the warnings list. This is where I’m having issues, before I expand the warning it has the right time the current warning was issued, but as soon as I expand the warning, it’s still actually the old warning with the old time & warning number (from the previous warning issued by BOM) so I have to go to my Willy Weather app and read the new warning. I’ve tried refreshing & closing app on and off but still hasn’t updated to the correct warning time & number that was currently issued. Also what’s with all the different colour crosses for the lightning strikes? Is there a key somewhere to know what’s white, blue etc? I’m guessing it’s the time/how long ago they occurred but I can’t find anywhere to tell me.
To optimistic for rain forecast
The weather zone app is the best out there, however being a farmer we rely on forecast accuracy this is where things come undone. We have waisted thousands of dollars on fertiliser pending rain that that had been forecasted over the years from weather zone that rarely comes. I understand a 90 percent chance isn’t 100 percent but week after week it gets promised and constantly on day 6 and 7 to find it ends up being no chance of rain, obviously to forecast 7 days out is inaccurate but 90 percent time after time should produce something. I’ve even seen it many times go from imminent rain to no chance of rain on the current day. I now look at several forecasts and find even BOM to be more realistic if not a little pessimistic. I hope you can adopt a new principal because the app is great.
The new radar display is very glitchy but the idea is good it seems to start and stop and often closes down. Hope this helps.
- The Weather Company Pty Ltd
- 207.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Weatherzone
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free Weatherzone Subscription $1.99
- Weatherzone PRO Subscription $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.