Quickly customize your webcam's settings while using FaceTime, Photo Booth or Skype on your Mac.
◼ Pick of the Week 2012-07-16 Episode | GFQ Network
◼ Show picks from Alex Lindsay in MacBreak Weekly 313 | TWiT.TV
◼ Webcam tip by Chris Marquardt - Tech Guy Labs Episode 914 | TWiT.TV
Webcam Settings allows you to adjust settings including the exposure time, contrast, saturation, and white balance temperature for your webcam, whether it’s a Built-in iSight, a more recent FaceTime/FaceTime HD Camera or an external USB webcam.
• True hardware level control of your webcam.
• View changes in Real-time to your video as you move sliders and change other settings.
• Fully plug-and-play; Webcam Settings, automatically recognizes your USB webcam when it’s connected to your Mac.
• Automatically identifies various settings that your webcam supports.
• Feel free to try any different settings as “Reset to Default” button brings back original settings from your camera.
• Works with almost every video or photo app such as Photo Booth, FaceTime, iMovie, Skype, iStopMotion, Wirecast, Sparkbooth, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Jabber, Flash based webcam app and many others.
Supported Settings (varies between cameras)
• Auto-Exposure Mode
• Exposure Time
• White Balance Temperature
• Power Line Frequency (anti-flicker)
• Backlight Composition
Advanced Settings (Only Microsoft LifeCam Studio, Cinema, Logitech HD Webcam C525, C615, C910 and C920 support Zoom, Pan and Tilt, please check our website for camera support.)
* Webcam Settings support UVC (USB Video Class) webcam only; FireWire camera such as external iSight is not supported.
* Your USB webcam must be working on your Mac properly (function normally with FaceTime, iChat/Messages, and Skype) before it can be used with Webcam Settings.
• Add support for macOS Catalina (10.15).
• Add support for Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam.
• Add support for Logitech BRIO Webcam.
• Remember last used webcam when app launched.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank God for the update
Thanks for updating the APP - But! Where can I find the settings before I updated my Mac? I had the PERFECT setup and now i have to start again.
I found this in the App Store after getting frustrated with Logitech’s terrible official C922 OS X software (seriously.. a “pro” webcam with settings software that doesn’t allow manual exposure/gain control, let alone saving of profiles..?).
This helped to adjust the settings, and as a result, increased the quality quite considerably. Highly recommended!
Can’t Quit? Activity Monitor
This app launches but then doesn’t show up anywhere. When you try to delete it and reinstall it, Mac says app is in use and cannot be trashed. Not showing up in Force Quit menu. FIX: open Activity Monitor, click Webcam Settings, click X in top left and then Quit or Force Quit. Put in Trash empty. Don’t both reinstalling as the problem just reoccurs. It worked once upon a time so that’s why 2 stars.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.