* Winner of Spring 2012 Parents’ Choice Funstuff Award * New York Times App to Keep Kids Happy * Chosen as App of the Week, New & Noteworthy, What’s Hot, and Staff Favorite by Apple *
We're listening! Keep the feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org!
The best-selling Weird But True app is better than ever with more facts, more sounds, more surprises, and more fun! With a fresh new look and exciting new content, Weird But True has even more mind-benders than ever before—more than 900 kid-friendly facts!
Did you know a hippo's lips are about two feet wide? Or that didaskaleinophobia is the fear of going to school? Or that before toothpaste was invented some people cleaned their teeth with charcoal? Filled with wacky facts and tantalizing trivia that will engage curious kids and parents alike, Weird But True presents each of the 625 facts in a fun, colorful, and interactive format that will keep kids entertained—and learning—for hours! And parents can rest easy knowing that each fact is age-appropriate and handpicked by a brand they know and trust: National Geographic Kids.
- Download all 7 Fact Packs for hours of fun and entertainment.
- Swipe to move from fact to fact or shake the device to see a random fact.
- Use the Weird-O-Meter to rate the level of “weirdness” for each fact and monitor results from all users on the Weirdest Facts list!
- Bookmark your favorites or share the grossest facts with your friends via email, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Use the Fact Finder to locate facts about your favorite subjects—animals, weather, space, science, and more!
- Loaded with sound effects and awesome surprises, Weird But True is fun for kids of all ages!
Based on the phenomenally popular department in National Geographic Kids magazine and best-selling book franchise, Weird But True is available for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad as a single purchase.
-Removal of Nintendo Fossil Fighters™: Frontier sponsorship material
Ratings and Reviews
this game seems kinda boring but also good
Really Great App
I really love this app.... But there is a problem with the app.... whenever I want to stop reading the facts and I get out of the app, if I want to get back into the app the facts start all over again... Please update the app to have a bookmark thing or a space were you can see what your favourite facts are..... Other then that I really enjoy reading the cool facts and hope there is many more to come..... I would give this app 5 stars if it saved the fact I was up to so when I get back into the app I can read on ahead...... I really don't wont to read the facts twice....
Yes, I'm a know it all...
Great, mostly. There are some facts that need better wording to actually be correct, and some weren't correct at all. I suggest you review some of them.
For example, humans have more than 5 senses, there are just 5 main ones that we use the most.
Secondly, we can actually move while we dream. We are only paralysed in REM sleep, which is when most of our dreaming takes place, but we do dream in Non-REM sleep, when we can move.
If you are to provide a fact-app, they should at least be accurate.
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 65.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- Mega Pack $2.99
- Fact Pack 1 $1.49
- Fact Pack 2 $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.