A special application for every passionate whale and dolphin whatcher! Take short descriptions for all species with you and use them offline. You also have the possibility to document your own whale sightings. The app helps you to identify species by a number of sophisticated filter mechanisms. Depending on your location, only relevant species are shown.
- description texts for 89 whale and dolphin species, all with habitat maps, many with photo or drawing
- species classification fully compliant to ITIS
- images galleries for species like Humpback Whales, White-beaked Dolphins and Orcas
- search for whale species everywhere: just click on a place at the world map to find all resident species
- administrative function for own sightings (requires GPS), species that you have seen are shown in color
- all features are available for offline use
- overview map of your own sightings, enhanced maps available with existing network connection
- send your sightings by mail, twitter or put them into the calendar app
- and much more!
The technical structure of the app was updated (we won't bother you with the details) and we added a lot of new content and pictures.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.