The what3words app helps you find, share and navigate to any precise location.
We’ve given every 3m x 3m in the world a unique 3 word address. This simple and accurate way to talk about location makes it easier to meet up with friends, discover and tell others about amazing places, and explore the world without getting lost.
You’ll see 3 word addresses displayed by hotels, restaurants, travel guides and websites. They can be used in 30+ languages and are much simpler to remember, use and communicate than regular addresses. They’re also far more accurate and reliable.
Use the app to:
- Find your way to anywhere in the world, even where street addresses don’t exist
- Tell your friends precisely where your picnic is
- Always find your tent at festivals
- Tell your taxi exactly where you want to go
- Plan and share your off-roading or hiking waypoints
- Know exactly where you parked your car
- Get deliveries to a specific entrance
Key App Features:
- Compatible with navigation and messaging apps including Google Maps and Apple Maps
- Search for 3 word addresses or street addresses
- Enter a 3 word address using voice or by scanning it
- Save your favourite locations
- AutoSuggest feature prevents mistakes
- Available in 30+ languages
- Display a 3 word address in 2 languages at once
- Offline navigation with compass mode
- Apple Watch support
- iMessage support
- Dark Mode support
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sort labels by A-Z
- You can now enable AppLink support via Settings
- Support for 3 new languages Urdu, Kannada, Malayalam
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A good & simple way to address things
GPS co-ordinates and map grid references can be confusing and difficult to remember/transcribe at the best of times, and this is where what3words comes to the fore - it has a simple 3-word address for every 3m X 3m square on the earth’s surface.
3-word addresses will never replace GPS co-ordinates or map grid references - they are not designed to. But they are designed to provide a simple addressing system for places that can’t be easily addressed by existing systems, such as:
Where to meet your friends when going to a football match or picnic in the park,
Which track to turn at when walking or 4WDing in the bush,
Where emergency services can find you when you injure yourself on the beach.
You can also have fun with the app by setting up treasure hunts, car rallies, etc.
Much easier than coordinates
A brilliant app which allows the pin-pointing of a location.
Use it to identify where you are at a concert, when camping or even to have items delivered.
So simple even youngsters can use it.
So accurate that it can easily be used to locate lost or injured people or broken down vehicles.
A real winner!
what3words is AMAZING!
This is the best innovation in addressing and location accuracy ever! I love it ♥️
Navigate “down to the spot”, not the “near enough” you get from traditional addresses. Highly recommended. Also try the 3WordPhoto App; it is awesome!
- What3Words Limited
- 155.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Xhosa, Zulu
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (C) 2019 what3words Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.