what3words is an easy way to identify precise locations. Every 3m square has been given a unique combination of three words: a what3words address. Now you can find, share and navigate to precise locations using three simple words.
Use what3words to:
- Help emergency services know exactly where to find you
- Plan exact meet-up locations
- Tell car breakdown services where you are
- Navigate to any destination easily
- Save your favourite memorable spots – a viewpoint, waterfall or proposal location
- Save key work locations, from incident reporting to delivery entrances
- Help people find your business or Airbnb
- Guide people to accessible entrances.
what3words addresses are accepted by over 80% of UK emergency services as well as the AA, and many UK delivery companies. Businesses and hotels display what3words on their contact pages, and booking confirmations – anywhere you would normally find location information.
- Find your current what3words address offline
- Compatible with navigation apps including Apple Maps and Google Maps
- Save your favourite locations and categorise them into lists
- AutoSuggest prompts you with intelligent suggestions
- Available in over 40 languages
- Navigate offline with compass mode
- Add a what3words address to a photo
If you experience any problems or have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance improvements to keep all those squares in check
Ratings and Reviews
A good & simple way to address things
GPS co-ordinates and map grid references can be confusing and difficult to remember/transcribe at the best of times, and this is where what3words comes to the fore - it has a simple 3-word address for every 3m X 3m square on the earth’s surface.
3-word addresses will never replace GPS co-ordinates or map grid references - they are not designed to. But they are designed to provide a simple addressing system for places that can’t be easily addressed by existing systems, such as:
Where to meet your friends when going to a football match or picnic in the park,
Which track to turn at when walking or 4WDing in the bush,
Where emergency services can find you when you injure yourself on the beach.
You can also have fun with the app by setting up treasure hunts, car rallies, etc.
Much easier than coordinates
A brilliant app which allows the pin-pointing of a location.
Use it to identify where you are at a concert, when camping or even to have items delivered.
So simple even youngsters can use it.
So accurate that it can easily be used to locate lost or injured people or broken down vehicles.
A real winner!
Such a great idea, an emergency locator for the layperson
This is such a good idea that emergency Plus app in Australia has incorporated it in its app.
To think that this is implemented across the globe is just mind boggling. Well done guys for thinking of such an easy way to locate the precise position of someone.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- What3Words Limited
- 200.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Oriya, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Zulu
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © (C) 2021 what3words Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.