Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• When you're in a group video call, you can now press and hold to maximize a participant's video.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My review that make you feel at ease
What’s up that is exactly right just like saying the words to someone next to you. I t make being far from the loved ones seam so close, I know I you probably thinking there are other apps that do just that and by all means I totally agree. But to me it’s special obviously we are not all the same. Every body has different needs and priorities, yes true but the way you can mix and match it adapts to many different apps combining your personal touch with the compatibility of pairing with other apps as if you were just using what’s up on its own. Thanks for letting me express my opinion cheers Angelo Rendina
I’m on holiday from Australia visiting UK, Germany and Spain, I brought my current iPhone and an old one, putting a local pre paid UK SIM with 10 gig of data for one month in the old phone which works throughout the EU as a local phone when phoning a UK number.
I have WhatsApp installed on both phones so when I can’t mooch off free wifi with my normal phone, which remains on ‘airplane mode’ all the time to avoid the horrendous global roaming charges when I want to phone or msg home, I use the UK/EU SIM with WhatsApp and use the data allowance on that phone instead of paying the international call rates to call or chat.
It works great for me.
Great app but international?
I have done a bit of research on whether whatsapp is free internationally.
I am still too unsure that i won’t be charged, and i find the app’s description to be very inconclusive.
It says INTERNATIONAL CALLS AND TEXTING FREE but it has the * symbol.
Then you scroll down and it says
*Data charges may apply.
What the hell does that even mean? I’m tired of searching for the true answer and I don’t want to take the chance and lose money. There is no conclusive answer anywhere.
I would like to be able to move past instagram dms and talk to my friend internationally using my mobile data, because using my mobile data to go on instagram takes up a lot more data than going on whatsapp.
Please can you give me a straight answer?? I would really like to contact my friend more often.
Thank you very much,
(note: this app has been very good for all my other friends who live in australia and my city, especially contacting those who have androids, or just catching up with old school friends in a group chat. I love using whatsapp I would just like to know about the international thing.)
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 133.9 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.