Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* WhatsApp now supports animated stickers. You can find the first set of new animated packs in the sticker store.
* Added support for QR codes so you can quickly add contacts and businesses without typing in a phone number. Tap the 'QR' icon in Settings to get started.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’m on holiday from Australia visiting UK, Germany and Spain, I brought my current iPhone and an old one, putting a local pre paid UK SIM with 10 gig of data for one month in the old phone which works throughout the EU as a local phone when phoning a UK number.
I have WhatsApp installed on both phones so when I can’t mooch off free wifi with my normal phone, which remains on ‘airplane mode’ all the time to avoid the horrendous global roaming charges when I want to phone or msg home, I use the UK/EU SIM with WhatsApp and use the data allowance on that phone instead of paying the international call rates to call or chat.
It works great for me.
Great app but international?
I have done a bit of research on whether whatsapp is free internationally.
I am still too unsure that i won’t be charged, and i find the app’s description to be very inconclusive.
It says INTERNATIONAL CALLS AND TEXTING FREE but it has the * symbol.
Then you scroll down and it says
*Data charges may apply.
What the hell does that even mean? I’m tired of searching for the true answer and I don’t want to take the chance and lose money. There is no conclusive answer anywhere.
I would like to be able to move past instagram dms and talk to my friend internationally using my mobile data, because using my mobile data to go on instagram takes up a lot more data than going on whatsapp.
Please can you give me a straight answer?? I would really like to contact my friend more often.
Thank you very much,
(note: this app has been very good for all my other friends who live in australia and my city, especially contacting those who have androids, or just catching up with old school friends in a group chat. I love using whatsapp I would just like to know about the international thing.)
Great app! Available on more devices please?
WhatsApp is honestly one of my favorite ways to text my friends and there’s very few bugs. It’s a great quality app and I’ve had it for about 3 months now and I haven’t had any problems that weren’t fixed by an update. The only downside is that I recently broke my phone and can’t see the screen at all but I don’t have the money for a new phone just yet, it would honestly be great if it was possible to have WhatsApp expand to iPad and iPod just to make it easier for people that can’t get it because they don’t have a phone or their phones are currently broken. Please expand this to more devices. Thx
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 132.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.