The Wi-Drive® App (1) provides wireless portable storage and file sharing for iPod touch®, iPad® and iPhone®. Wirelessly store and share your favorite photos, videos, music and files with at least three friends on their own devices simultaneously. Wi-Drive has the ability to stay connected to the Internet while accessing and sharing your content (2). With Wi-Drive you can store more of what you need and do more with the Apple device you love. View the podcast via iTunes by searching Wi-Drive.
- Multitasking – run other Apps while using Wi-Drive features.
- Enhanced File Management - Music, Photos and Videos file sorting
- Camera Roll Support -move photos from device to Wi-Drive
- Enhanced Music Player
- Playback controls (prev/play/next/shuffle/repeat)
- Album art (ID3) display
- Enhanced Photo Features
- Thumbnail and slideshow display
- Finger swipe capabilities
- Additional Network Setting - select Wi-Fi channel
- Local Storage - wirelessly transfer files to and from the Wi-Drive app
- Open In - copy and open documents (3) in other Apps.
- Email – email files up to 10MB
- Delete – delete files wirelessly
- If you do have DRM content purchased through iTunes, you can access the file via your Safari Browser. Simply open Safari, enter the IP address of Wi-Drive into the URL box, which is 192.168.200.254 and press Enter (4).
- AirPlay support for music and video. (5)
The Wi-Drive application is optimized for iOS 6 and will not work properly in iOS 7 and iOS 8. Unfortunately, the app will not be updated to address the issues. Please contact Kingston Technical Support for details.
(1) Requires use with Kingston Wi-Drive hardware.
(2) Requires service, 3G not supported.
(3) Open In feature only works with Documents.
(4) Not all of the functions and features that are found in the application will work within the Browser and sharing may be limited to devices that are synched with iTunes. Rental Content is not supported.
(5) Requires an AirPlay compatible device.
-New user interface for the Wi-Drive app
Ratings and Reviews
It won't allow me to create a file any more and I can view pictures.
Works well but will need an update for next iOS version
Been using this for several years and works faultlessly for me, but the next version on iOS is 64 bit only and the app needs updating or it won't work.
Terrible!! Don't buy Kingston products!!
Never buying a Kingston product again! iOS 8 not supported making my 32GB drive useless!! Waste of money to buy Kingston (won't make that mistake again). Buy a Seagate or WD wifi drive instead and get proper support/updates!
The developer, Kingston Digital, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kingston Digital, Inc.
- 18.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 4.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Kingston Digital, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.